3V GooRoos inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3V GooRoos inside

Ok so Im building up the 5.4 3v in my 2010 F150 S-CREW with an 80mm throttle body, Edelbrock E force 2300 TVS supercharger 8-10 psi, upgraded intercooler with fans and custom intercooler reservoir, stainless works longtubes with off road X-pipe Borla XR1 mufflers exiting at the front of the passanger tires. The trans is getting a new converter after its Dynoed, a zip kit for the valve body and a PA Deep trans pan. Now I was going to order a pair of customs ground cams from flowtech but it says you have to remove the VCT and add valve springs, and I would like to keep the VCT. Is there another company out there that does custom ground cams for the 3Vs that are worth a damn or would the comp cams VSR stage 1 Blower cams be about the next best thing.

hpp? they love tuning street friendly blower cars..
    ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Do they grind cams? Im just south of San Antonio so I was thinking about about Murillo Motorsports for the tuning

Comment

I'd hit up Lethal Performance out off FM3009 in Garden Ridge, South Texas Performance on Nacodoches road on the NE side of SA or Fuel Injection Performance off Wye on the NE side of SA. All three could handle the job and tune the car just fine.

Lethal 210-656-5220 ask for Danny
        STP 210-213-2749 ask for Chris
        FIS 210-654-0774 ask for Willie or Tracy

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
          hpp? they love tuning street friendly blower cars..
          Do they?
          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by one slow 5.0 View Post
            Ok so Im building up the 5.4 3v in my 2010 F150 Now I was going to order a pair of customs ground cams from flowtech but it says you have to remove the VCT and add valve springs, and I would like to keep the VCT. Is there another company out there that does custom ground cams for the 3Vs that are worth a damn .
            FORD RACING Hot Rod Cams

Originally posted by BoostedGT
            I got one of them POS x275 88mm's sitting on the work bench. Come get it.
            Originally posted by bigminz
            Hell no. Have you seen most of these cars up close? Death traps at those speeds.

Comment

South Texas permormance has had a coworkers car since last Dec so I'm not taking shit to them. As far as lethal are they better then Murillo motorsports? Anouther coworker had Murillo put longtubes, full exhaust and dyno tune his 2013 Mustang. He had no complaints and said they were real easy to deal with.

Isn't the hot rod cam more of an n/a cam?

Comment

Originally posted by thesource View Post
                I'd hit up Lethal Performance out off FM3009 in Garden Ridge, South Texas Performance on Nacodoches road on the NE side of SA or Fuel Injection Performance off Wye on the NE side of SA. All three could handle the job and tune the car just fine.

Lethal 210-656-5220 ask for Danny
                STP 210-213-2749 ask for Chris
                FIS 210-654-0774 ask for Willie or Tracy
                Where are you located? I've been done in the South Texas area for over a year and haven't had much of a chance to meet any local hotrodders.

Comment

Originally posted by one slow 5.0 View Post
                  Where are you located? I've been done in the South Texas area for over a year and haven't had much of a chance to meet any local hotrodders.
                  I'm south east of SA about 15 miles off of HWY 87. I've been in the SA Mustang and general performance scene since about 1998. I build most of the high performance manual transmissions for the local shops around SA and even quite a few for individuals as well. All three of the shops I suggested can handle the cam swap and tune. None of them grind camshafts though. You're going to either need an off the shelf cam kit or have custom cams done for anyone in SA to install. Flowtech is a good choice for custom cams. Ed Curtis knows his shit. I've also heard good things about the Ford hot rod cams but they have all been in Mustangs not a 2 ton Ford F150. You've got to keep in mind, the camshaft is like the brain of the engine and it has to be properly matched or the drivability and general performance of the over all package will suck.

Check out Biff Buzby on Fridays on the NE side of SA for local hot rodding. Lonestarstangs.com is another local Ford site but mostly younger people on there.

Most of the high performance truck crowd is either from Nelson Performance out on the south side (GM based stuff) or the diesel powered truck guys. My buddy Chet owns F Bomb Diesel Performance out in La Vernia and is top notch on the diesel stuff if you ever need anything like that done or have friends that need something done.

Comment

Sweet. I have no problem doing the install of any of the parts . Problem meeting people on fri night is I work in Cotulla and on call that night. I'm off sun and mon about the two worst days to have. I live south of SA in Lytle .

Comment

Working...
                    X