98 Cobra alarm issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98 Cobra alarm issue.

If I lock my car with anything but the key from the outside the alarm goes off. Which includes hitting the lock button from the inside or locking it with my key fob. I don't know why this would be happening.
    Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Has anyone ever wired in an aftermarket style alarm? Generally when I see this, someone fucked something up in the wiring, usually by adding in a remote start or alarm.

Comment

Not that I know of
      It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Hmm, got to be something getting pissy in the electronics then. I don't really know how the alarm system works in these cars, this might be a take it to ford instance.

Comment

Shit.

Comment

Low battery from key remote??? Just a guess.
            Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
            90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCoupeRedVert View Post
              Low battery from key remote??? Just a guess.
              Wouldn't cause it to go off when just hitting the lock button on the door. Best guess for me at this point would be the locking mechanism inside the door is going bad.

Comment

It was doing it before I had a key remote. I got that today

Comment

Idk if it could be related but the cigarette lighters don't work either

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                    Wouldn't cause it to go off when just hitting the lock button on the door. Best guess for me at this point would be the locking mechanism inside the door is going bad.
                    +1 my 97 did this when the latch was bent and had hard time shutting the driver side door.

Comment

Working...
                    X