Convertible Top not working? WTF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convertible Top not working? WTF

I don't understand, I was putting my top down off & on throughout December and now weeks before getting ready to trade it in the top doesn't work!

What am I looking for in regards to finding the problem? Part of me thinks it might be the switch b/c I recall one of the last times I put it down the switch seemed to get stuck but I'm unsure.

This sucks

What's it doing? Make/Model/Year?

Comment

2004 GT Vert

When I pull the parking brake and press the button to lower the top nothing happens. When I press it to raise the top I hear the motor running.
      I was trying to take out the switch and a couple times while trying to pry it out I pressed down and it moved just for a sec then stopped.
      I haven't pulled the switch out completely yet, for some reason it's a stubborn sob.

Comment

I have been known to rebuild electrical switch from time to time. I rebuilt the fuel door and hatch release buttons on my 85 and the headlight switch on my 90 lx as well as the driver side passenger window switch on my 07 Silverado TX edition. just be careful taking them apart and putting them back together. the functioning of them is pretty simple to understand once you take them apart

RESIDENT ELECTRICIAN AND WIRING GURU!!!!

Comment

I'd guess the switch since it runs in the opposite direction.

Comment

Working...
          X