windows going up slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windows going up slow

I have a 85 mustang with power windows and the windows are going up slow, they get almost up then they stop... What all do I need to check, its passenger and driver but passenger goes up a little better than the driver.

possibly the gear inside the motor. They offer rebuild kits.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
      possibly the gear inside the motor. They offer rebuild kits.
      You think both would do the same thing? I'm thinking an electrical issue may be the culprit. These motors and wiring harness came out of a 90 model car and I've probably got something wired up wrong.

Comment

Says 79-83 but it's a typo, should be 79-93. Easy install too. Even a video to guide you.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by Blue88Coupe View Post
          You think both would do the same thing? I'm thinking an electrical issue may be the culprit. These motors and wiring harness came out of a 90 model car and I've probably got something wired up wrong.
          Didn't know they weren't original to the car, so yeah, anythings possible.

Comment

Pull the doors apart and grease the tracks. The old grease gets stiff like concrete, especially if the car (and its doors) go for long periods without being used.
            When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

I'd see that as a sign the motors are going bad as well... Mine were really slow for a while till they quit working all together. I replaced the motors and the locks and the lock actuators with the kit from LMR and now they work great... nice and fast, easy install that only took about 4 beers.
              Originally posted by stevo
              Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

First thing I'd check is to make sure you have 12+volts going to the motors.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                  Pull the doors apart and grease the tracks. The old grease gets stiff like concrete, especially if the car (and its doors) go for long periods without being used.
                  winner winner chicken dinner! they're working like new now that they've been greased. the car had sat up for awhile without the windows being used

Comment

Working...
                  X