Recommend a clutch kit for a 04 gto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend a clutch kit for a 04 gto

Buddies slave cylinder went out. He figured upgrade while apart. He's car dumb and I know nothing bout GTOs.

He will never race but wants something better than stock that won't break the bank to bad.

Point me in the right direction fellas. Parts list or a do all kit.

Thanx
    Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Give Jason at TDP a call.

The stage one and two Diamond clutches he sells are great in a daiy driver. He is also one of the most helpful and stand up guys I have dealt with for LS1 parts.

If you want to save a bit over the kit he sells ask about swapping your flywheel for another machined stock unit he likely has in stock.

Our clutch kits are designed with the performance enthusiast in mind. You’ll have the best of both worlds, excellent power handling and good street manners.

Comment

ls7 clutch
      Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Tdp?
        Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

Stock LS7 with an aluminum wheel and a remote bleeder kit. Good for over 500hp and will last 100K miles with a stock feel.

Don't forget to get in all balanced.

Comment

Texas Drivetrain Performance, they have been doing T56 rebuilds for some time now and the clutches for the last few years. Plenty of positive reviews on LS1tech if you want to read up on them.

not really a fan of the pressure plate type the LS7 part uses, but plenty of people seem to like them. I would do the Diamond stage one on the stock flywheel.

Comment

Originally posted by NoClassic View Post
              Give Jason at TDP a call.

The stage one and two Diamond clutches he sells are great in a daiy driver. He is also one of the most helpful and stand up guys I have dealt with for LS1 parts.

If you want to save a bit over the kit he sells ask about swapping your flywheel for another machined stock unit he likely has in stock.

http://www.diamondclutch.com/
              X2
              Had a stage 2 in my T/A and loved it.
              Jason is a pretty cool guy as well.

Comment

Monster clutches have a lot of fans and are local
                07 f250-family truckster
                08 Denali -baby hauler
                52 f1-rust bucket
                05 Jeep tj. Buggy
                livin the double-wide dream

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                  ls7 clutch
                  This ^ and Ram. I know a few people that had really good luck with Ram clutches and beat the piss out of them. I thought they would be junk but they held up really well and worked flawlessly in the cars I put them in. One of them saw VERY regular 7k RPM clutch dumps on 28" slicks.

For a while Spec clutches were supposed to be some of the baddest ass clutches of all clutches for LS cars, I know two people that switched to Ram after being very dissapointed with their Spec. If I remember right you had to shim the slave cylinder with the spec clutch etc etc etc...
                  sigpic
                  00 Camaro SS, stuff, tuned by Sam - sold
                  2004 GMC Sierra, tuned by Sam
                  03 CR250R crash test dummy vehicle
                  08 Yard machines mower, choppin up those blades

Originally posted by Stephen
                  FUCK!! im gay then

Comment

Working...
                  X