Adjustable FPRs... Which one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjustable FPRs... Which one?

Buying a fuel pressure regulator for my fox and just wanted to know if one is better than the next or any one I should stay away from?

Edit: It's the ones that mount in stock location.
    Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

They are all about the same. Aeromotive if anything would be the best for a stock bolt in app..

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
      They are all about the same. Aeromotive if anything would be the best for a stock bolt in app..
      Yeah I figured they'd be the best. I found a good deal on a bbk but I've been hearing that bbks quality has been slipping the last couple years. Is Kirban an off brand or what? Also do FPRs go bad or break? I found a deal on a used aeromotive but didn't know I'd I should stay away from used.

Comment

What's wrong with stock?

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Originally posted by Wish4svts View Post
          Is Kirban an off brand or what?
          Aeromotive is top of the line, but Kirban is good quality for the money...

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...Regulator-Kp-5
          1991 5.0 Mustang LX-Hatch, BBK Cold Air Intake, BBK Headers, BBK X-Pipe, Flowmaster 40's, HPM C/C Plates, Cobra Sway-Bar, UPR Subframe Connectors, UPR Control Arms, FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft, FRPP "C" Springs, FRPP 31 Spine Diff, Moser 31 Spline Axles, FRPP 3:73 Gears, Tokico Blue Shocks, King Cobra Clutch, MSD Ignition, Taurus Electric Fan, BBK Gripp Shifter, & More

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
            What's wrong with stock?
            I don't know... Really just figured with H/C/I going on that it would be better???

Plus it will have a dry shot, not sure if it helps with that or not. Changing out most other parts so why not that 25 year old piece too?

Comment

IMO an adjustable fpr is not needed. Just take it and get a proper tune done and dont mess with it..

Comment

How much is a tune typically?

Comment

If you have the chip, i think most places are around $350-400.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
                    IMO an adjustable fpr is not needed. Just take it and get a proper tune done and dont mess with it..
                    X2, I am running one on the cmc car because the rules allow
                    It and it offers a little bit of tuning but with a real tune u dont need one
                    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

My fpr is stock and I haven't had any issues.

Sometimes adjustability just makes things more complicated.

Injectors are rated at a certain psi, I believe it's 43.5psi. Might as well keep it there.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

I will sell you a chip.

Comment

I bought a brand new bbk regulator along with fuel rails for my '90 and the regulator is a piece of shit. Won't be buying any bbk junk ever again. Id go with aeromotive.
                          1990 GT

Comment

I've got a good used Kirban I'll trade you for a six pack of Shiner if you want to drive to Midlothian.

We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the the pursuit of happiness......, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive to these Ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government,
                            I'm posting from my phone, probably while driving. Expect typoes.......

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                              X2, I am running one on the cmc car because the rules allow
                              It and it offers a little bit of tuning but with a real tune u dont need one
                              Instances such as this, they are a great tuning tool!

Comment

Working...
                              X