Tire/Wheel combo issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire/Wheel combo issue

My BIL recently bought a GMC dually and is having some trouble. He bought a set of tires that i guess aren't the normal type of tires. He apparently can't go to a regular tire shop because they can't balance them because of their size, and can't go to the big rig shops because they don't want to mess up the wheels.

What do people do in that situation? Is there a specialty shop for this? I know i am being vague, but I have no details on the type of tires he bought or the size of the wheels.

This vague post makes absolutely no sense. Are they 16.5" tires going on a split ring rim?

Comment

24x13.5 semi wheel 10 lug
      no split ring rim

24x13.5x37 wheels. Falken Wild Peak A/T

Comment

Huh... I don't see why a semi shop would refuse to do it. That's pretty straight forward.

EDIT: It's a super single wheel.

Comment

its a dual rear wheel, not a super single wheel.

The semi shops said they won't do it because its a passenger vehicle.

Comment

Take the wheels off and place in the back of a different truck and take them to the semi shop.

Or try another shop until he finds somebody who would like to earn some money.

Comment

13.5 wide is a super single wheel/tire, he's not going to get two of those on each side, if that's what he's trying to do.

Comment

Working...
              X