Fuel pump question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel pump question

So I finally got my pump in the mail yesterday and I email a question I had to the places tech support. They proceed to tell me it's the wrong pump ( even though it was listed on their website for GM Trucks) because it doesn't support the jet pump feature...

Now before I bah the company for their very poor customer support, is this correct?

My thinking was the pump just needed to pump the fuel and everything else would regulate how much went where.

Need a little guidance gents, please.

Can we take a step or three back and know what brand n part number this pump is and what you intend to install it on. Reading your thoughts isn't my strong suite.
    Rich

Comment

Ok sorry about that, it's an 02 silverado, 1500hd with a 6.0, and I put a Walbro 255 in it. Got that installed and it's working but my problem still persistists.

It acts like it's starving for fuel, rough idle, can't drive it with more than 10% throttle, dies randomly.

So I checked everything besides fuel pressure at the rail(foolish me) and put a filter and pump on it thinking that was the problem. Still same symptoms, so I made a video of it running, only thing I can think of is possibly a clogged cat. But I don't know for sure and hate throwing parts at it.

Any ideas?

Idle video

Comment

Didn't you post a thread a week ago trying to cheap out on a replacement? lol

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
          Didn't you post a thread a week ago trying to cheap out on a replacement? lol
          Lol no, just didn't want to buy the whole assembly when it wasn't needed.

Comment

Video isn't showing up for me.

But generally i would say if you swapped a part and the symptom didn't change, you swapped the wrong part.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
              Video isn't showing up for me.

But generally i would say if you swapped a part and the symptom didn't change, you swapped the wrong part.
              Yeah unfortunately I know this. Could've sworn it was the pump, couldn't hear it running and seemed to starve for fuel.

Here's the link to the video

Comment

Can you actually feel any exhaust pressure out of the tailpipe?

I had a buddy with an 02 1500 5.3L that had a clogged cat problem - but his just felt gutless when driving. I don't recall it stuttering like that.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                  Can you actually feel any exhaust pressure out of the tailpipe?

I had a buddy with an 02 1500 5.3L that had a clogged cat problem - but his just felt gutless when driving. I don't recall it stuttering like that.

It has some but don't know if it's the right amount.
                  It all started suddenly, drove out to my parents for thanksgiving ran fine the whole way there. Went to leave so I started to truck so it could warm up, went back inside to get my daughter and came out to the truck not running. Since then has ran like it does in the video. No warning signs just out of the blue, which made me lean even more towards a bad fuel pump.

It has me stumped. I can't think of anything more of what I'm doing, guess more forum combing to do

Comment

You said you checked everything can you elaborate?
                    Is there a CEL?
                    2006 Civic SI
                    2009 Pilot
                    1988 GT
                    CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

I didn't watch the video but on our 03 2500hd with 6L I had a rough running issue. We pulled the throttle body and clean all the passages and iac valve with carb cleaner. Lots of gunk in there, just keep spaying and wiping until the paper/rag came out clean. It would not stay running at a red light without goosing the throttle to smooth as silk after the clean up.

That said, with out fuel pressure it won't run either. Fpr, leaky injector(s), bad pump dirty inline filter. Get a gauge on it. If it has good pressure at idle, turn it off and see if it holds pressure for a little while.

Is it throwing any codes. Check engine light on?
                      Rich

Comment

Working...
                      X