Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freeze Plug

'85 mustang 5.0
    Freeze plug on the backside of the driver side head blew apart, any known tricks to change it without pulling the motor? Obviously going to be a b*&^% to do either way but I would rather not pull the motor for a 25c part if I do not have too.
    3x NHRA/IHRA Division 4 Champion
    www.heathensracing.com

Competition Sales of Dallas
    Mothers Polish and Waxes
    Mickey Thompson Tires
    Champion Racing Oils
    MaxCackle Photos

"I bleed red, white, blue, and a little bit of E85"

there was someones old lady on here looking to buy a 4eye for herself should you be interested in selling it. Na0035 is her screen name.

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

It took me a few years to find a 4 eye coupe that wasn't all hacked up and not worth a half million dollars in the eyes of the owners, but everything is always for sale/trade.
      www.heathensracing.com

Mothers Polish and Waxes
      Mickey Thompson Tires
      Champion Racing Oils
      MaxCackle Photos

Comment

The one on the backside of the head is going to take more time to try to change in the car than it will to pull that side head.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

???? ????
          Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
            The one on the backside of the head is going to take more time to try to change in the car than it will to pull that side head.
            x2

Comment

Mach1 I am not a big fan of those, rather stick with the brass but will use them on occasion if I have too.

This is my daily and basically what I'm trying to do is not tear into this thing much. Once I do I will want to start doing the upgrades I have been fighting off because I don't need another hot rod for a daily. Ill probably be pulling a head though soon.
              www.heathensracing.com

Mothers Polish and Waxes
              Mickey Thompson Tires
              Champion Racing Oils
              MaxCackle Photos

Comment

Just drill an access hole through the dash, radio etc. or rubber plug!

Comment

Unbolt the tranny cross member and lower it all a little
                  sigpic

Comment

You can get a brass one that tightens up like that rubber bullshit. Used em a few times in tight spots.

Comment

Working...
                    X