U joint doesn't fit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U joint doesn't fit

Background: 66 mustang, explorer 8.8 swap. Previous rear was stock 8". I bought a 1310-1330 conversion u joint, the driveshaft side is too small to fit the 1-1/16" caps so I bought a u joint for a 63 Falcon with 1" caps but the ID of the cap is too small for the shaft/post of the 1310-1330 adapter. What other options are out there for me?
    Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

They should make bastard u-joints. Any decent parts guy with measurements and a book should be able to tell you if something like that is available. You'll need the OD of the caps, the measurement from outside to outside (the cross measurement) and where the snap rings are.

Edit: or take your driveshaft down and have the end cutoff and adapted to the same u-joint as the rear.

Comment

The 1310-1330 has always worked for me.

BUT, I have found that 4 out of 5 times, the ones on the shelf are mis-boxed.

Also, Autozone and OReilly carry 2 brands. One will have 2 extra cups in the box which you may need.

Comment

Ft Worth Gear and Axle has bastard U joints. Just got one a couple weeks ago for LS1 driveshaft to 9" Ford

Comment

Precision makes a slide rule with the caps and widths to get the correct conversion ujoint.
          sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
          17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
          13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
          86 SVO - Sold
          '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
          01 TJ - new toy - Sold
          65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Working...
          X