Barely considered tech...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barely considered tech...

But what, if anything, are you fox body guys using for front plate mounts? As most on here know, we got Leah's son a 90 LX and the front bumper is not drilled for a plate. I don't want to drill it, but being a 16 yo I would prefer he rolls legally. Are there any decent, cheap plate mounts for these that don't require drilling the bumper?

If not I would prefer doing velcro or something.

Why not use suction cups on the pass side of the windshield? He will get pulled over a ton regardless. I remember getting pulled over a few times a month at least.

Comment

The windshield is no longer a "legal" place to be mounted... It is written that it has to be on the furthest front part of the car...

Comment

Never knew it was legal.

Comment

Just drill it.
          "Yeeeeehhhhhaaaaawwwww that's my jam"

Comment

Don't drill it if you don't have to, use one of these -

FREE SHIPPING! Great Custom Touch. Lets face it a front license plate is a big eyesore on any Mustang at a car show, but what if there was a way to hide it at a

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
              Never knew it was legal.
              I'm going by what a trooper told me concerning the changes. Previously(2yrs ago I believe) the code did not state the furthest front point it simply stated that it could not be obstructed from view and that there had to be one present. I was told that numerous times I was pulled over because the officer did not notice it when passing. I did the suction cup trick and until last year never received a ticket for it.

Comment

Originally posted by SonicblueGT03 View Post

http://www.americanmuscle.com/flipdo...te-manual.html
                And there you go!

For the record I just put a front plate on my truck. I haven't run one in almost 10 years but I am also far from a teenager.

Comment

Why not use suction cups on the pass side of the windshield? He will get pulled over a ton regardless. I remember getting pulled over a few times a month at least.
                  Originally posted by thomasblively View Post
                  The windshield is no longer a "legal" place to be mounted... It is written that it has to be on the furthest front part of the car...
                  Yeah, that's my understanding. Windshield is no good.

Originally posted by SonicblueGT03 View Post

http://www.americanmuscle.com/flipdo...te-manual.html
                  That's what I was thinking.. Thanks!

Comment

Because there is no reason to give cops PC.. I only got pulled over 1 time in the first 2 years I had my license, and only a handful of times over 20 years later. I would prefer he get accustomed to driving legal.

Comment

What did you drive? My thoughts are a fox is no longer a standard car like when many of us were kids. It is a sore thumb, especially if it has any mods. I drove an old Mach and would get puled over for dim tail lamps (most common), loud exhaust (just long tubes and flows out the back), suspicious vehicle, hell I could go on and on. I kept my car 100% legit. I was lucky to have a cousin that was Arlington PD and as soon as he saw my car he sat my ass down and ran me through the ringer on how to act and what not to put up with when stopped. By the way, got pics of the Fox? I am bouncing between a fox and 80s SWB chevy for my oldest(after he drives a total shitbox responsibly for at least 6 months).

Comment

What did you drive? My thoughts are a fox is no longer a standard car like when many of us were kids. It is a sore thumb, especially if it has any mods. I drove an old Mach and would get puled over for dim tail lamps (most common), loud exhaust (just long tubes and flows out the back), suspicious vehicle, hell I could go on and on. I kept my car 100% legit. I was lucky to have a cousin that was Arlington PD and as soon as he saw my car he sat my ass down and ran me through the ringer on how to act and what not to put up with when stopped. By the way, got pics of the Fox? I am bouncing between a fox and 80s SWB chevy for my oldest(after he drives a total shitbox responsibly for at least 6 months).
                        My first car was a 1970 Nova. I got pulled over for "blocking an intersection" (light turned red and I was stuck in the intersection).

I had a red Mustang for 6 years and got pulled over 3-4 times, all well deserved. Like 20+ the speed limit or something similarly stupid.

My only point is that I would rather he drive a "legal" car, at least until 18 and on his own.

The fox is a stock 1990 strawberry red LX hatch 5.0. No pics handy but it's a low mileage (under 100k) car. Needs minor resto and paint (clearcoat peeling and some small stuff).

My older son got an 08 Sentra last year.. This one deserved the Mustang though.

Comment

Here.. Best I have handy..

Comment

Now I just have to keep myself from buying a bunch of shit for his car. I've already been browsing late model restoration and CJ's. (We agreed that he would be financially responsible for it.)

Comment

Damn, from the pic it looks clean! Some Saleen 5 spokes would look badass on it. I guess my mind is still wtuck in the idea that kids just drive around like a lot of us did. Going to be fun for you guys for sure, so what are the plans?

Comment

Working...
                              X