sn95 ls swap..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sn95 ls swap..

How much would it realistically cost to have a running driving car with a 5.3 or 6.0 and an auto (th or 4l variant)? I was thinking start with a v6 but is there any advantage to starting with a v8 car? Maybe a roller? I don't plan to do it on the super cheap, but do it right and gather parts so its not a huge investment all at once. How would yall go about doing it? My other thought was a 240sx. What's a sn95 weigh with tubular k and no ac or heat? I'm guessing they made a no option car with roll up windows and shit.
    ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

The GTS cars were bare bones V8 cars but I've been in a couple full manual V6 cars.
    Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

V8 cars will have the 8.8 and better suspension already. My car has an aluminum block 4.6 in it with A/C, power steering, power windows and all, it weighs 3100 or so. You take out the options, probably get it down around 2900 or so. The swap gets kinda expensive if you buy everything new, K-member, headers, trans mount, stand alone harness, but find deals or build it yourself, not too bad. A 5.3 is the way cheaper alternative, 6.0's are still more $$$. You can get a whole 5.3, trans, accessories and wiring from pull a part back home for $900.

Comment

Ive got a 03 denali runs and drives that was rolled Ill sell for 700.00 with a 5.3. Has 200k miles but drives great. Buy the truck, pull drivetrain scrap for 300

Comment

If your changing everything anyway, I'd start with a v6. Cheaper and prob not as tore up. Brakes are the same, buy a rear end and bolt it up. A gt may have some drivetrain value but not much.
          One day at a time.

Comment

I have 96 cobra that was shell and now has 95gt rearend and front in it, it is now a roller. just needs the interior put back in it.
            I am selling it because I picked up 01 v6 that I will be building.

1100.00 for it as it sits.

Comment

Can be done for 2-2500 if you already have a roller.
              07 f250-family truckster
              08 Denali -baby hauler
              52 f1-rust bucket
              05 Jeep tj. Buggy
              livin the double-wide dream

Comment

Working...
              X