Tuning Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuning Questions

First, lets start out with what I am running.

306. Edelbrock performer 289 intake. Edelbrock 1406, 600cfm carb. MSD 6AL. MSD Blasrer3 coil. MSD 8582 billet distributor. Trickflow TFS-51402000 roller cam. BBK Shorty's. No catalytic convertors.

I have a few questions. First, what type of spark plugs do you think i should be running and what should the gap be? Second, what should the timing and advance be set at. Third, what metering rods and jets should i go with?

I am running way too rich right now and i am tired of coming home smelling like gasoline. I have a flat spot somewhere around 1500 rpm's. it also clatters when i step on it. it's just not running at all how it needs to and i don't really know what i'm doing when it comes to this stuff.
    Last edited by Blacksunshine; 01-28-2014, 07:50 PM. Reason: mistake

See below in red.
    Originally posted by Blacksunshine View Post
    First, lets start out with what I am running.

306. Edelbrock performer 289 intake. Edelbrock 1406, 600cfm carb. MSD 6AL. MSD Blasrer3 coil. MSD 8582 billet distributor. Trickflow TFS-51402000 roller cam. BBK Shorty's. No catalytic convertors.

I have a few questions. First, what type of spark plugs do you think i should be running and what should the gap be? Second, what should the timing and advance be set at. Third, what metering rods and jets should i go with?

I am running way too rich right now and i am tired of coming home smelling like gasoline. Lean smells rich too. Get a wb on it.I have a flat spot somewhere around 1000 rpm's. it also clatters when i step on it. Could just need to change the spring rate in the dizzy to fix this.it's just not running at all how it needs to and i don't really know what i'm doing when it comes to this stuff.

Comment

i put a A/F gauge on it and it reads very rich at an idle. adjusting the front screws doesn't seem to make any difference. Being a "punk ass newbie", not really sure what "wb" and "dizzy" means.

Comment

Wb=wide band
        Dizzy=distributor
        07 f250-family truckster
        08 Denali -baby hauler
        52 f1-rust bucket
        05 Jeep tj. Buggy
        livin the double-wide dream

Comment

throw that edelbrock in the trash, where it belongs, and get a holley.

Comment

Originally posted by JETFAST View Post
            throw that edelbrock in the trash, where it belongs, and get a holley.
            Good idea.
            Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

Working...
            X