Any hookups on PATS keys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any hookups on PATS keys?

I need to get some keys made for my lot cars and they are the fucking PATS keys. Getting them copied is being a pain in my ass, either they can't do it, or they are insane on the pricing. Anyone know someone on the east side of dallas that can program these things without raping me to the tune of $150+?

Micheals lock and key did mine.

Comment

If you have 2 keys and are wanting to program a 3rd or more keys, you can do it your self
      Originally posted by soap
      i can fix anything from a broken tractor to an aching pussy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DFWtechie View Post
        Micheals lock and key did mine.
        How much did he charge?

Originally posted by ktm300hater View Post
        If you have 2 keys and are wanting to program a 3rd or more keys, you can do it your self
        I don't. It's a single key for both of the fords that I have.

Comment

Last pats key blank I bought was years ago, gave @ 7 bucks on ebay. I was able to program it myself, 97 only needed 1 working key best I remember, after the local key cutter cut it.

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
            Last pats key blank I bought was years ago, gave @ 7 bucks on ebay. I was able to program it myself, 97 only needed 1 working key best I remember, after the local key cutter cut it.
            Unfortunately, both of the ones I need done are 2000's and you need two keys to do it. Good info for 98 and down though.

Comment

Howardkeys.com for the blanks.

Comment

Was at our local Wal-Mart in the auto section, I saw where they have transponder key blanks and can cut the keys now. They had a machine that would read your old key and several choices of blanks to choose. I said (damn) I run a repair shop and hate having to get the fords reprogram for key replacement and now you can get that shit at Wal-Mart. I think the sign said like 49.95 for the keys.
                DON

Comment

[QUOTE=JC316;1249400]How much did he charge?

for 2 new keys cut and programmed was 115.00.

Comment

Originally posted by DC COBRA View Post
                    Was at our local Wal-Mart in the auto section, I saw where they have transponder key blanks and can cut the keys now. They had a machine that would read your old key and several choices of blanks to choose. I said (damn) I run a repair shop and hate having to get the fords reprogram for key replacement and now you can get that shit at Wal-Mart. I think the sign said like 49.95 for the keys.
                    DON
                    My wal mart does to, but it's a crap shoot on what they can cut. They can do it for the mountaineer, but can't on the mustang.

Comment

Wound up going to Rockwall walmart to get the mountaineer key and went to the ford house for the Mustang. $60 at walmart and $120 at ford.

Comment

Originally posted by DC COBRA View Post
                        DON
                        Just saw the sign for this a couple of days ago too.

Comment

Working...
                        X