6.4 psd issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6.4 psd issue

my brother in laws dads truck is having an issue while towing. it essentually goes into some sort of limp mode and wont go over 20mph. unhook the trailer and reset the computer and zero issues.

ford tech is trying to say bad fuel but we filled 2 different truck at the same station multiple times in a 2 week period. any thought?
    07 f250-family truckster
    08 Denali -baby hauler
    52 f1-rust bucket
    05 Jeep tj. Buggy
    livin the double-wide dream

Is it going into regen?

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
      Is it going into regen?
      I'm not familiar with that but I haven't heard it mentioned so I don't think so
      07 f250-family truckster
      08 Denali -baby hauler
      52 f1-rust bucket
      05 Jeep tj. Buggy

Comment

There are a few things it could be if you can bring it to mansfiekd I can scan it to see what its doing.

There's an egrt sensor that gets hotter when towing that causes that. Could be hpfp thats weak. Clogged dpf bad exhaust sensor etc.. I'll scan it for free.

Comment

do you have a check engine light?
          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by green1995gt View Post
            There are a few things it could be if you can bring it to mansfiekd I can scan it to see what its doing.

There's an egrt sensor that gets hotter when towing that causes that. Could be hpfp thats weak. Clogged dpf bad exhaust sensor etc.. I'll scan it for free.
            Thanks. It's in El Paso right now but if he brings it back I'll get with you
            07 f250-family truckster
            08 Denali -baby hauler
            52 f1-rust bucket
            05 Jeep tj. Buggy

Comment

it's probably a fuel pressure issue, but I find it hard to believe that the truck just up and goes into limp with ZERO lights, messages, warnings, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                it's probably a fuel pressure issue, but I find it hard to believe that the truck just up and goes into limp with ZERO lights, messages, warnings, etc.
                I was driving the other truck so I'm not sure exactly what happens. I'm trying to get more info. But I don't understand putting 1000 miles on it no problem, hook up a trailer and can't go 40
                07 f250-family truckster
                08 Denali -baby hauler
                52 f1-rust bucket
                05 Jeep tj. Buggy

Comment

you don't understand that the engine is under much greater load while towing? limp mode is just that... if the PCM detects a parameter out of range (fuel pressure, EGT, etc.) it will put the truck in limp mode to protect the engine.

when running empty, you aren't sustaining enough load to push it outside of the acceptable parameter range

Comment

you don't understand that the engine is under much greater load while towing? limp mode is just that... if the PCM detects a parameter out of range (fuel pressure, EGT, etc.) it will put the truck in limp mode to protect the engine.

when running empty, you aren't sustaining enough load to push it outside of the acceptable parameter range
                    I understand that. But it wasn't a huge load. A fifth wheel travel trailer with no slide outs.
                    07 f250-family truckster
                    08 Denali -baby hauler
                    52 f1-rust bucket
                    05 Jeep tj. Buggy

Comment

That's still a solid load and a lot of wind resistance.

Comment

Originally posted by whitetrash View Post
                        I understand that. But it wasn't a huge load. A fifth wheel travel trailer with no slide outs.
                        man, now I see what you're saying... a few bags of groceries probably would have yielded similar results

Comment

man, now I see what you're saying... a few bags of groceries probably would have yielded similar results
                          lol

Comment

Sorry. How dare I question the diesel guru of dfwmustangs
                            07 f250-family truckster
                            08 Denali -baby hauler
                            52 f1-rust bucket
                            05 Jeep tj. Buggy

Comment

Makes you wonder, no?

Comment

Working...
                              X