Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much flow would I sacrifice with "low-profile" 90* verus standard 90* AN Fitting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much flow would I sacrifice with "low-profile" 90* verus standard 90* AN Fitting?

Ran into a small problem, don't have enough clerance on one end of my fuel rail, 90* fitting hits the alternator.

Right now I am going from the end of the rail (which I tapped 9/16-18 aka -6an thread), and I am using a -6 to -8 coupler (male to mail) that I milled for o-ring and bored out to the i.d. of -8, then I go from the -8an male to a female -8 an 90 degree twist-tite fitting. Needless to say, it takes up some real-estate as seen below:

So I am thinking about buying this low profile fitting (a -6an o-ring male swivel to -8 an flare male), bore it out to -8an i.d., then run a straight -8an twist tite end on that:

At your power level, i doubt it would hurt a thing. Rest assured, it is a HUGE difference in flow. Now, it just depends on if it's the supply side or the return side on how much I'd worry about it.

Comment

On the return side

Comment

I dont' know that I'd be real worried about it on the return side. The worst case scenario it would be a bit tougher to get the fuel pressure down, but I doubt that.

Comment

The other option I am toying with is tapping the other end for -8, get a male -8 90* twist-tite end, then eliminate the -6 to -8 fitting all together on that end. Milling the flare off the -8 90* would be a PITA (any input here). Problem will be clocking the fitting since there will be no swivel. I have a few ideas on this, but still need to measure to find out if it'd even give me the clearance.

(brooks, you mind checking my other post "chassis guys" and shed some light? )

Comment

Working...
          X