67-72 Chevy Truck With Newer Engine - AC Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 67-72 Chevy Truck With Newer Engine - AC Question

i'm looking at an older chevy truck (67-72) that has a newer efi engine (2003 chevy v8)...it has everything except for a/c. i'm curious what would be needed, how involved it would be, and how much it would cost to install a complete a/c system on the truck. it currently just has a heater. i appreciate the help.

brad

Easiest way to go would just be a Vintage Air kit. You could probably pay a quality shop around $2,000 - 2,500.00 parts and labor to have it installed or you could save a bunch of money to do it yourself. I'm still waiting to have my new shop built so I can't do anything right now. If you still need something in the next few months contact me.

6-25-10 RIP Chloe Rene Daddy loves you always

78 Suburban (slammed with LS in future)
    54 Olds 88 2dr HT
    12 Camaro SS convertible

Comment

Originally posted by gearhead78 View Post
      Easiest way to go would just be a Vintage Air kit. You could probably pay a quality shop around $2,000 - 2,500.00 parts and labor to have it installed or you could save a bunch of money to do it yourself. I'm still waiting to have my new shop built so I can't do anything right now. If you still need something in the next few months contact me.
      i appreciate the info...i looked it up, and it looks like the kit is $1,335.00 from summit...i guess around $700 for install is reasonable? i've never installed one, so i don't know how long it would take...any ideas?

Comment

I had a customer with a 70 1\2 ton. We installed a carbed Ls combo in his. We had to use a high mount compressor kit as the factory location wouldn't clear the frame rail. His was set up with a vintage air kit already (we pulled a tbi 350 from it). It used a Sanden compressor. I don't think there was enough clearance to use a factory style compressor (99 and up style) with out cutting on the frame rail. The sanden wouldn't have fit with the adapters he originally brought us, it was supposed to bolt the adapter to the factory location and then the compressor. Steet and Performance was the name I think, they are located in Mena, Arkansas. I had pictures from after it was finished but unfortunetly my hard drive crashed and they weren't backed up.

Comment

Working...
        X