So I think I blew my motor today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I think I blew my motor today

Yesterday I was putting a hurting on a c6 and I noticed a knock. Today I did an oil change, and sure enough there were shavings in the oil. what's everyone's thoughts on a new engine combo? I'm looking for over 600hp. MMR, DSS( if they even make a short block for a 2v), or go a different route 03 cobra, Mach 1, Teksid? Might even spend some money on some TF heads and some blower cams. I would like to be closer to 700hp.

Teskid, Cobra crank, good rods and pistons, beat the hell out of it and it asks for more. The later WAP blocks are just as strong and cheaper, find one from an explorer.

Comment

what kind of HP?

Comment

I herd HPP built a 700hp 2v?

Comment

4v all the way

Comment

Stay the hell away from MMR.
            Originally posted by Buzzo
            Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

LS1 fools.
              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Stay the hell away from dss. Last shortblock I bought from them, the ring gap was not set and it popped the top ringlands off 3 pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
                    Stay the hell away from dss. Last shortblock I bought from them, the ring gap was not set and it popped the top ringlands off 3 pistons
                    Lol, sounds about right for dss.

Comment

If you have Facebook look up Justin Humphrey in Weatherford texas. He does builds in his shop and is extremely good at it. He's built his car(2v) and it's a BEAST!

Comment

The block will hold the power you want, you just need to put forged internals in it. A set of heads would be a good idea, nice turbo cams and throw a 76mm on it. You will make 700hp with that combo. If you want to go higher, put a set of 4v heads on it. I had a 2v with an f1a so I know the power you want is obtainable through a 2v, but you will always make less than you would if you went 4v. Call Clint at TrueSteet and he can point you in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                          This!

Comment

Ask Aggie about that coyote swap lol. I bought his old race engine and in drag trim it makes 370rwhp. It's a big bore, high compression 2v though. If you have the supporting hardware for a decent power 2v already, just go back. Decent compression, trick flow heads, stage 3 cams and boost will put it in the neighborhood of 700rwhp.

Comment

I always order my own parts and get machine work/ assembly done locally if I don't have the time to assemble it myself.

That being said, when I had my blown 2v, I always planned on a 10:1 forged engine, on e85 so I wouldn't have to upgrade to the t-trim blower. You have to upgrade the fuel system anyways for high hp so regardless. Just this way you can still make 600-700 hp without upgrading the blower.

But you still should upgrade the heads and cams to hit those numbers, cams at the very least. At least that is what my last engine builder said that was the bottleneck in the 2v set up. He was a builder at Houston performance

But when my second 2v went south I yanked it, put a 2v truck long block in it from a wrecked f150, sold the car, and got a 4v.
                              Last edited by jnobles06; 06-13-2014, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X