Keys locked inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keys locked inside

Quick question, ive got to go to work at 2. Figured id tackle this right quick if it will work. Locked my keys in my 93 gt. I cant remember but if I were to rivet out the door handle, would I be able to get to the door rod in order to unlock it? I would try to wedge something between both door and body but its new paint and afraid it will mess up. Dammit, what a dumbass I am.

6 inch screw driver through the handle slot opening closest to the lock cylinder. Insert n point it towards the lock cylinder and move up as needed. Watching the lock rod in the door panel move up

Last edited by dangerous_sep; 08-14-2014, 11:29 AM.

Comment

will hanger not do the trick? why destroy parts?

Comment

Shouldn't destroy anything going the way I posted

Comment

How is this possible?

Comment

holy sh*t it worked! 5minutes...damn! Thanks for the input

Comment

Cool glad I could help. Shouldn't take but 10 seconds next time haha

Comment

Originally posted by svtlght99 View Post
                holy sh*t it worked! 5minutes...damn! Thanks for the input
                you'll never feel safe locking your doors ever again.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Im going to practice this.

Comment

10seconds...well maybe because I was searching for the screw driver, haha....damn, that's prob how they got in my 90 back in high school....those mthrf's, I never found her.

Comment

Ive done it by drilling the rivet out of the lock cyl retainer in the hatch.
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                          Ive done it by drilling the rivet out of the lock cyl retainer in the hatch.
                          Hell all the foxes I've ran through maybe only half had the rivet.
                          so I would always make it a point to replace the screw with a rivet to make it a little harder if someone was interested in opening the hatch.

Comment

Originally posted by dangerous_sep View Post
                            Hell all the foxes I've ran through maybe only half had the rivet.
                            so I would always make it a point to replace the screw with a rivet to make it a little harder if someone was interested in opening the hatch.
                            yeah, the screw is much easier than drilling the rivet.

Comment

Working...
                            X