Car won't start... lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car won't start... lost

Not new here, but it's been a long while since viewing and posting, so I apparently had to start from scratch. Not a newb, did the searches and found nothing. 93 hatch 331 s-trim been sitting for a long while (active duty deployed). Wouldn't start. Installed new plugs, checked cap and rotor, and fuel stuff - everything good to go. Getting fuel pressure under hood, but not on Autometer in car. Car cranks and cranks, nothing - no start. Cracked fuel lines under hood, fuel in all of them. Ran the codes pulled KOEO 85 "O" and yes the canister has been removed, thought the 4bank had gotten rid of this issue. Threw a 15 "C" about Keep Alive Memory (KAM) test failed. Not sure what that is, soooo...

Questions are, would either of these codes cause the engine not to start?

Is the 15 "CM" code a "bad computer" code?

Didn't find any fuses causing Autometer fuel gauge in car to not work either... crap.

Driving me crazy. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

So its cranking, but not turning over? It's just not catching?
    sigpic

Comment

Cranking and turning over... sorry. Yes... goes and goes... doesn't start. Just looking at the normal stuff like cap and rotor, they look good. Pulled a #5 plug, not fouled, usually the lean one.

Comment

Sorry sporadic replies... in and out looking at car and checking forums for replies. Hate it... Thanks for all the help!

Comment

Do you have an MSD box?
          Scott Ganow
          Lone Star Performance
          16300 Midway Rd
          Addison, TX 75001
          214-630-5006

Comment

Have you tried hitting it?

Comment

If you've got fuel pressure and spark, you need a noid light to see if your injectors are pulsing.

Comment

PM Cooter on here about the not catching issue. He should be able to help.

Comment

If you're not getting pulsing at the injectors you have a wiring problem or bad computer. I think AZ loans the lights for free.

Comment

Yes MSD box, unplugged that yesterday to rule that out. Kicked it too...
                    Lost in the terminology of "catching"... I turn the key, motor turns, never starts. Still doing it... Not familiar with noid light, but will see if AZ has one... Thanks, fingers crossed!

Comment

Originally posted by thkov View Post
                      Yes MSD box, unplugged that yesterday to rule that out. Kicked it too...
                      Lost in the terminology of "catching"... I turn the key, motor turns, never starts. Still doing it... Not familiar with noid light, but will see if AZ has one... Thanks, fingers crossed!
                      They're being jackasses in reference to a different thread. Ignore them. Have you checked for spark?

Comment

Has a CPU go out on. 3.0 ranger before. Wouldn't start but would crank. It was a 91 I swapped in a new CPU fired right up. I would check injector pulse like mentioned

Comment

Didn't check for spark yet JC316. If I understand, I can pull a plug with the wire still attached, put the KOEO, hold the threads of the plug against a ground say the head bolt, and jump the starter hootie with a screwdriver, right? That will cause the engine to bump and throw a spark, right?

Also, I have an A9P computer in there. Only other I have is the factory original which oddly is a C3W with another stick on the hole where my SCT 4bank would plug in labeled A9L. Will my chip plug right into the C3W and work as with the A9P? I am soooooo lost, it has been waaaaaaay too long since I jacked with this stuff.

Sorry to be so vague, I am working on this myself and it is very hot outside.

Thanks for all the insight and help!

Comment

Originally posted by thkov View Post
                            Didn't check for spark yet JC316. If I understand, I can pull a plug with the wire still attached, put the KOEO, hold the threads of the plug against a ground say the head bolt, and jump the starter hootie with a screwdriver, right? That will cause the engine to bump and throw a spark, right?

Also, I have an A9P computer in there. Only other I have is the factory original which oddly is a C3W with another stick on the hole where my SCT 4bank would plug in labeled A9L. Will my chip plug right into the C3W and work as with the A9P? I am soooooo lost, it has been waaaaaaay too long since I jacked with this stuff.

Sorry to be so vague, I am working on this myself and it is very hot outside.

Thanks for all the insight and help!
                            Pretty much. Obviously don't touch the plug as it will shock the ever loving shit out of you. Make sure the key is on when you bump it.

Comment

Yeah, DEFINITELY do not hold the wire! It's hard to let go of that wire once it starts lighting you up!

Comment

Working...
                              X