Lightning MAF with stock air box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightning MAF with stock air box?

Can you run a lightning maf with the stock airbox? I am looking to go w/ a fully customizable MAF such as the LMAF or SCT but do not want to lose the stock airbox as I appreciate the stock look under the hood. I have only been able to find MAFs that bolt to a conical filter

Probably need a little more info as to your setup, vehicle, etc to give better advice. So long as the maf will bolt to your airbox I see no reason why you can't run the stock components with it. You may have to open the inside of the airbox up to match the i.d. of the larger meter. The lightning maf isn't customizable, it's a plug and play part. You would need tuning to compensate for it more than likely, that's the reason I commented about needing more info.

The Abaco meters (http://www.abacoperformance.com/), give you the ability to tune the meter to the car using computer software.

Comment

Lmaf is fully customizable according to my tuner and is tuned through software and stock computer. Car will not run without a tune and lmaf because they are not calibrated to injectors such as pro-m. No need for info on my combo as I am looking for physical fitment. I just need a customizable maf such as sct or lmaf that fits my airbox.

I have read nothing but bad things about abaco meters and them failing.

I did forget I have sigs turned off. Car is a 93, 5.0

Comment

My understanding is a little different than what you are describing. The Lmaf is calibrated for the 42lb injectors that the lightning runs stock. That is when the actual meter is used in conjunction with the 90mm housing it is designed for. Tuners use the maf transfer table, or something like that, in the tuning software to accommodate meters other than stock. I run a Pro-m blow thru meter setup for supercharger application & 60 lb injectors. I'm running 80lb injectors so the tuner has to set the programming accordingly with the sct software on mine. As for info needed on your combo, it meant for physical fitment, not so much specific engine setup. The lmaf meter and housing won't be a direct replacement to your fox meter since yours accepts a coupling on each end and the lmaf inlet physically bolted the flange to the factory airbox. You can use an adapter but it will always have an unstock appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
          My understanding is a little different than what you are describing. The Lmaf is calibrated for the 42lb injectors that the lightning runs stock. That is when the actual meter is used in conjunction with the 90mm housing it is designed for. Tuners use the maf transfer table, or something like that, in the tuning software to accommodate meters other than stock. I run a Pro-m blow thru meter setup for supercharger application & 60 lb injectors. I'm running 80lb injectors so the tuner has to set the programming accordingly with the sct software on mine. As for info needed on your combo, it meant for physical fitment, not so much specific engine setup. The lmaf meter and housing won't be a direct replacement to your fox meter since yours accepts a coupling on each end and the lmaf inlet physically bolted the flange to the factory airbox. You can use an adapter but it will always have an unstock appearance.

yeah I was wondering if they make something like that w/out the flange. I could have been more specific but I'm learning about the LMAF still. I want something to sit in the stock box but may be stuck w/ the Pro-M when the LMAF or SCT is something that would be a better option.

your description of the LMAF is how the Pro-M performs. Lightning maf can be programmed for any injector combo. From my tuner, a few tuners online, and many sources on corral.net the LMAF is far more capable of being dialed in than the pre-matched Pro-M or similar meters.

Comment

Working...
          X