borla atak opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• borla atak opinions

I am wanting a LOUD catback for my 01 bullitt, I currently have a prochamber with a stock catback. I just wonder how these would sound because im trying to find the loudest possible catback without having a bunch of rasp like loudmouths. Any opinions guys?

My opinion is loudest is not always better.
    Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

I had the SLP loudmouths with a prochamber on my 04 GT and it sounded great (but loud). The prochamber (or H pipes) cuts the rasp way down with the SLPs and sounds very different (IMO better) than the SLPs with an offroad-X mid-pipe.

Part throttle was more of a pulsating sound, or growl, but WOT was downright nasty.

A friend had the off-road prochamber with Mac catback and the sound was much more tame but still sounded great. I still really love the sound of the prochamber vs H or X.
      Last edited by Chili; 10-29-2014, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SC457A View Post
        My opinion is loudest is not always better.
        I will agree with that. I didn't really have the drone that most people try to avoid, but after a couple years and getting older, the constantly loud exhaust is not something I would want today.

Comment

I dont mind drone, to be honest I actually prefer having drone

Comment

Originally posted by eric90lx View Post
            I dont mind drone, to be honest I actually prefer having drone
            If volume is not an issue (which apparently isn't for you) then as far as 2v mod motor mustangs are concerned, IMO, there is no better sounding set-up than the off-road prochamber and SLP LM1s.

Part throttle sounds very aggressive, growling, maybe some drone around 2500 - 3000 rpms. WOT was almost like open headers.

Comment

I'd say go for either the slp/prochamber set up like the others said, or go with the borla ataks. They sound pretty good in this video.

Comment

I have a set of BBK longtubes i will sell you that will make your car louder. LMK

Comment

Originally posted by wickedblkgt View Post
                  I have a set of BBK longtubes i will sell you that will make your car louder. LMK
                  Get these LTs, a Prochamber and a set of these:

Spintech Mufflers, High Performance Exhaust, Spintech Street and Race Mufflers, Performance Exhaust, Oval Exhaust, Low Profile Mufflers

Comment

I've always heard that LTs on a 2v without at least a supercharger is a waste of money for the actual gains. Not to mention the huge PITA to install them.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                      I've always heard that LTs on a 2v without at least a supercharger is a waste of money for the actual gains. Not to mention the huge PITA to install them.
                      He wasn't looking for gains, just sound.

Comment

The install really isn't that bad. I installed mine in my garage with hand tools.

Comment

If you want some hp behind that noise I also have a supercharger for sale.

Comment

Just put cut outs on it before the mufflers.
                            Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                              He wasn't looking for gains, just sound.
                              Good point.

Comment

Working...
                              X