Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rocker Rollers not centered on valve stems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocker Rollers not centered on valve stems?

Just got my pushrods in, wanted to double check the length. Converted 2 lifters over to solids, put 2 rockers on with zero lash & no preload, and turned the motor over a few times.

One of the rollers is not centered on the stems... and the wear pattern is heavier on one side as opposed to right in the center. Keep in mind, this was no pre-load. And so far I've only checked cyl #1...

87gt, afr 185's, e303 cam.

Thoughts? (I'm new at this so I'm still learning!)

Are your guide plates centered?

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
      As centered as I can get them. I don't have a lot of play as far as adjustments go.

Comment

Also, when I move the guideplate, it moves both rockers. So if one is centered and one isn't, I can center the other one, but then the one that WAS centered won't be... Make sense?

Comment

They make two piece guideplates to let you adjust each one individually.

I've also heard of guys cutting the guideplates, centering each half where it needs to be, then rewelding the plate.

Comment

They make two piece guideplates to let you adjust each one individually.

I've also heard of guys cutting the guideplates, centering each half where it needs to be, then rewelding the plate.

I was afraid of that. Man I'm getting tired of the unforseen part ordering!

Comment

Flip the guide plate over. Both of those rockers look like they both need to move inboard.
              07 GT500
              05 SRT10
              88 turbocoupe T-bird
              93 Cobra
              86 coupe
              Ducati 848

Comment

Working...
              X