WTB: small block chebby--?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
    ^^^ He is correct. I found a 2004 GMC Yukon that was wrecked but running/driving and bought the whole thing, so I'll be selling the SBC/turbo 400 out of the '69 truck shortly to get going on the LS swap.

It's a 355 with forged flat top pistons, mild cam, double hump heads, MSD billet distributor, Edelbrock RPM Air Gap intake with Edelbrock 600cfm carb that my dad just rebuilt, MSD plug wires, long tube headers, freshly rebuilt turbo 400 that doesn't have 5 miles on it. I don't know what converter is in it. I will also be selling the MSD 6AL box and MSD Blaster coil with it since I won't need any of that when I swap it. It is currently running/driving in the truck, so if you were interested in it you could hear it run, drive it, whatever. I just changed the oil and put some new plugs and a new starter on it, for whatever that's worth.

I'd like to get $1,500 for everything (engine, trans, all MSD electronics, long tubes, etc.).

Comment

Thats a deal. Buy that and flip the stuff you dont need and you're done

Comment

Yeah, that sounds pretty close to what I'm looking for. Might wanna come have a look at it before you take it out of the truck.

What your time line for the project?

mardyn

Comment

Originally posted by mardyn View Post
          Yeah, that sounds pretty close to what I'm looking for. Might wanna come have a look at it before you take it out of the truck.

What your time line for the project?

mardyn
          I don't necessarily have a "time line" for doing the LS swap. I was actually planning on driving the truck some before I did the LS swap, but if I had someone seriously interested in the SBC/TH400 I would pull them out and start on the LS swap.

Where do you live?

Comment

I live out near Canton.

I'm in no real hurry either... have a few others I'm considering, but only one that I'm kinda
            serious about so far.

Do you have any of the build details available on yours? What kinda' power do you think it makes?

mardyn

Comment

I live out near Canton.

I'm in no real hurry either... have a few others I'm considering, but only one that I'm kinda
              serious about so far.

Do you have any of the build details available on yours? What kinda' power do you think it makes?

mardyn
              I don't have cam specs, and unfortunately can't get them without pulling the whole front of the engine off.

What build details would you like?

As far as power goes, I'm not sure, but it's roughly 10:1 compression, with some decent (for the time) heads, cam, intake, carb, long tubes, and full MSD ignition, so I would figure it's probably low 300's, realistically.

Comment

I think I'd like to come have a look and a ride before you pull it from the truck. Maybe one day soon when the weather is behaving itself.

Where are you at these days?
                mardyn

Comment

I think I'd like to come have a look and a ride before you pull it from the truck. Maybe one day soon when the weather is behaving itself.

Where are you at these days?
                  mardyn
                  The truck is at my dad's shop in Sherman.

Comment

Working...
                  X