Tune on a 2010 Shelby GT500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tune on a 2010 Shelby GT500

I have a bone stock 2010 Shelby GT 500. Will I see any real gain in power or performance with the use of an SCT hand held tuner with a "Canned" tune ? I know, everyone says change pully, add headers and loud exhaust, but I am not really interested in doing all that to the car. It is driver, and will never see the track. I just wondered if I would be wasting my money or would there be some "seat of the pants" gains.

Unless you change the upper pulley, I say you are not going to get anything out of the canned tune that is worth the money.

Upper pulley is simple and worth the kick in pants fun. You'll want some control arms to help it hook up and eliminate wheel hop.

Upper, lower and headers will keep a smile on your face every time you roll on the gas.

Comment

Upper & lower pulley, throttle body, headers and then the tune.
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

2010 Shelby

Thanks for the input.

Comment

Don't know about the canned tune but having it tuned with the sct is worth the time.

Comment

Call Van (Collier) at Revan Racing http://www.revanracing.com/

He'll recommend a Jon Lund tune. I have it in my `09 GT500 and it's a great tune. Very safe. But as stated, pulleys (both upper/lower) and big air is needed with any tune. Well worth the $ and not too expensive. Jon tuned the worlds fastest GT500 for the Texas Mile!

David

Comment

Working...
            X