Cam install and a tune.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by orphan Shelby View Post
    Never understood why one would put the effort to make a lot of power in a car and not use it.
    Because they can, I know 2 TT viper guys that make north of 1khp and could care less about racing. I just built a 65 coupe with a na 347 and he's already wanting a blower and has no intentions of racing shit but just to say he has it so.....idk.

Comment

• Cruz, i'm just fucking with you.. at least you got the money and means to build what you want. I cant even lie. I just went and talked to John and Jason at anything automotive, and went down a list of things to get done for them to help me get my car going. a lot of it still is in my lap until i can get it to them, but that was the kick in the ass i needed to get started again.

Unfortunately for me starting again means organizing the garage so i'm not tripping over everything.

Good luck and have fun with it. I would look into bagging it though, but dont buy a kit, let someone local do it and do it right.

Comment

• So you did trade the truck?
        Originally posted by PGreenCobra
        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
        Originally posted by Trip McNeely
        Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
        dont downshift!!
        Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

• no, i thought about who would correct me on that, and you got me.. im still jacking with the truck.. trying to get my MIG rig dialed in for sheetmetal and having zero luck

Comment

• Originally posted by orphan Shelby View Post
            Never understood why one would put the effort to make a lot of power in a car and not use it.
            is 700-750whp really that much power these days? If I wanted to, I'd could probably run a low 10 in the car maybe a high 9 with the engine and blower maxed out with a fully upgraded transmission and rear end, but why? I honestly dont understand why people max out their cars and only get to enjoy it a few weeks at time before its broken again and on the sidelines. For me, I built the car as a trophy to myself for busting my ass over the last 6 years. I was unemployed for 2 years and then moved by myself across the state to Houston with what little money I had left and then across the country to LA again by myself. I am making 5 times what my salary was in 2008 and this is just me patting myself on the back. Anyone that sees or rides in it will hopefully understand what it means to me by how much money and meticulous research I've done to put best practices in it which was important to me.

I'm not trying to boast, but I am trying to clarify why someone would put this amount of effort into a car while not really caring about racing it. Its a work of art in essence that only I would understand.

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
            Cruz, i'm just fucking with you.. at least you got the money and means to build what you want. I cant even lie. I just went and talked to John and Jason at anything automotive, and went down a list of things to get done for them to help me get my car going. a lot of it still is in my lap until i can get it to them, but that was the kick in the ass i needed to get started again.

Unfortunately for me starting again means organizing the garage so i'm not tripping over everything.

Good luck and have fun with it. I would look into bagging it though, but dont buy a kit, let someone local do it and do it right.
            I know you're fucking with me but it helps me understand my true feelings by actually taking the bait and clarifying my own thoughts back to you haha

Comment

• 750 is making good power IMO. But just to putt around for the conversation and not tracking it seems blah. To each their own and nothing wrong with it at all. Theres worse things to blow money on for sure and if it makes ya happy, that's a good thing.

Comment

• Bucket list of annoyances as it is completed.

The fore fuel rails i bought mount to the factory lower intake, but the whipple doesnt have stock mounting holes. The whipple does come with its own fuel rails, but they are 6an, the fuel system I have is entirely 8an. I'll have to use multiple 8an to 6an converters since its a return setup.

The oil cooler wont work because we replaced the stock water pump with a high flow one. No big deal there because the radiator I bought is pretty huge, as well because of the next issue.

The whipplecharger has its own cooling loop. Not a big deal, but its taking up vital room in the engine bay that is getting more scarce since it has its own reservoir.

The cowl for the stock radiator fan has a tiny gap all around the new radiator, while this isnt a game breaker, it isn't something I want. I'll probably use this opportunity to upgrade the fans as they are also very close to the water pump pulleys because of clearance issues too.

Comment

• Still progressing, everything is in, was going to get it dynotuned on Friday, but I said fuck it and bought the beefed up transmission. We should be good till 1000hp with all the shit I have on there now, the weakest link will be the axles. Even though I don't drag race, i'll probably upgrade those too cause racecar.

Comment

• Got to drive it around a bit today, the suspension is bad ass, i thought it was going to be so harsh, it feels better than what I used to have. Then again it may have just been giddiness. Might be able to dynotune it next Friday, then paint time.

Comment

• Damn that sounds badass, especially coming from a sedan lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny
                        Nice! We need to find David McCall and ask him, "Wanna race?"
                        Facebook man.

Comment

• Awesome. Would be great to have sleeper exhaust with some electronic cut outs

Comment

• Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
                            Awesome. Would be great to have sleeper exhaust with some electronic cut outs
                            I was going to do that, and I still have all the parts to do it, but I'd rather not cut into all this fancy exhaust. It actually sounds pretty tame when its warmed up, and ridiculous when you let the stall loose. The kooks is all bolt ons, I could put the factor muffler/resonators back on and put the cutout there. We'll see if i grow tired of the noise.

Comment

• Sounds tough.

Comment

• sounds good
                                2003 oxford white cobra whipple powered corn fed
                                2018 F150 RCSB 5.0

Comment

Working...
                                X