No announcement yet.

Cam install and a tune.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doesn't live wire sct do the same thing?! I dunno. Thats why im asking. But if you can view via ipad thats pretty bad ass...

Comment

• Originally posted by abecx View Post
      Probably another $1000 in labor I would assume for the transmission, not sure on the tune costs yet.

I still need stronger axles and some wheels/tires, but that shit can fucking wait.
      I've got a pair of driveshaft shop 1000rwhp rated half shafts for my challenger I'm probably not going to use. Not sure if they'll work in your car but I could make you a deal on them
      --Marcus

Comment

• I'll do some research, what year challenger?

Comment

I'll do some research, what year challenger?
          2010 srt
          --Marcus

Comment

• I ordered the PLX boost and wideband sensors, they should be here Tuesday. Waiting on the bigger pulley so we can stop throwing belts. The pulleys were all laser aligned, but the belts are slipping under throttle, or coming off completely @ 14#'s with a 2.9L whipple. I dont know enough about slipping on superchargers, but 14#'s doesn't sound high to me. Either way from what I was being told, we were probably closer to 900rwhp with that amount of boost which just sound ridiculous. I am using the stock serpentine gimmick with the stock tensioner.

Comment

• put some gorilla glue on the underside of the belt

Comment

• Lets be honest, the most power I've had in a car is probably ~380 rwhp. I dont need to be playing around with 900+ except to get a dyno sheet.

I do however agree, I've spared 0 expense on this and I would like to have everything able to handle that kind of power, but only be using it at 80% instead of 100% all the time.

This is probably what I need, i'll ask and see what Brian has to say.

I like this one too, its billet and is shiny.

Comment

• I ordered the non billet one, the billet one has some shit reviews. Probably get here the same time as my sensors on Monday. Were supposed to try and tune it again on Monday as well.

Comment

• The HD Tensioner came in, its a FoMoCo marine tensioner, hopefully this thing works great. Sensors should be here today.

Comment

Waiting on the bigger pulley so we can stop throwing belts. The pulleys were all laser aligned, but the belts are slipping under throttle, or coming off completely @ 14#'s with a 2.9L whipple. I dont know enough about slipping on superchargers, but 14#'s doesn't sound high to me. Either way from what I was being told, we were probably closer to 900rwhp with that amount of boost which just sound ridiculous. I am using the stock serpentine gimmick with the stock tensioner.
                      I see that you already got another tensioner, but I thought you would enjoy the read here about the science behind tensioners and what makes one good or bad.
                      When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• Thank you, I read all of it. When we do the dyno runs, I will put a camera in the engine bay to watch the tensioner.

Comment

• Mother Thumper.

AKA Thump Racing.......

Comment

• Originally posted by BoostedD1 View Post
                            Mother Thumper.

AKA Thump Racing.......
                            I was going to get it till I read they told the customers that bought the first generation one to cut it themselves for it to work.

Comment

I was going to get it till I read they told the customers that bought the first generation one to cut it themselves for it to work.
                              Are you serious... Do you have a link for that?!

Comment

• Originally posted by BoostedD1 View Post
                                Are you serious... Do you have a link for that?!

Ok I rang thump racing today about there tensioner. He said the ones that have the cut on them was an old design and that he has hundreds of these on cars with no issues. He then explained how I should go about cutting the bottom off my own... Ha. Chukarboy call them on 1862 210 8512. Now he gave me a rant that mine was the first he has ever heard off with this issue. Would be interested to see what dialogue you get from them.
                                Thump said to send it back and they would provide a relief in the spring cover to give more clearance. ... I spoke to a buddy of mine and he said that he had similar problems with the Thump and said he fixed it by changing the pulley to a smaller diameter pulley that will give more clearance. That sounds good but I would need a smaller belt and the new pulley wont be billet. I also spoke to Bruce from HHP and he said that they grind them in the shop to give more clearance.
                                When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Working...
                                X