No announcement yet.

Cam install and a tune.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Usually when there is excessive fuel in the oil it thins the oil out to the point that it ruins the bearings / cylinder walls as the oil can not properly lubricate everything. I had it happen once right after an expensive build and it was painful.

Comment

• Looks like I also have a minor fuel leak at the regulator. 300C is still on the side right now. I drove it to a car show though and the amount of what the fucks I got made me smile. I never realized how bad ass my car sounds next to other bad ass cars.

I bought an ls7 for the 370, turned out to be a scammer. Luckily I got my money back no thanks to paypal ( had to reverse charges with credit cards ). I found a motor I want to buy in Houston, its an ls1 based darton sleeved 427 with ls7 heads and intake. The engine is in the video, its setup for nitrous and high compression which is what I want. The dude is trying to sell it in the car which I hope he does, but if not I'm a buyer for just the motor since its already running and will be plug and play for the most part.

If that motor deal falls through, I'm going to order a fresh ls7 short block this weak and put it together as deals come available.

Today I'm going to buy the T56 Magnum transmission, its upgraded internals and comes with a mcloed clutch.

Comment

• Fuck paypal.

Comment

• Dyno 650hp/650tq ( 600tq at 3k rpm what ), there is a bunch more power but the car was running really hot ( i'm talking 240 after we got off the dyno ). I think somethings wrong with the circulation for the intercooler based off what much smarter people than I said. Bought an ls7 block, got some ls7 heads, they are being sent off to WCCH. Bought this Black Widow R cam from this great guy Carlos ( has a sick 370z with porsche badging ). Working on getting the intake and rotating assembly for it.

Comment

• It sounds damn great.

Comment

• Nice Cruz! Sounds like a monster!
              "PSH!!!"

Comment

• Sounds pretty solid.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• I took the big ass 2 core aluminum radiator out and put the stock single core in with the stock fan shroud. Looks like my overheating problems are gone. I drove for an hour in traffic at 4pm and I couldnt get it to go over 192. I hope that fixes it so I can move on to trying to figure out why the car lurches at 20% throttle ( vacuum? ). Then back to the dyno to get some real numbers.

Comment

• Nice! Kickass it was a simple fix.

Comment

• Hit ~730whp/~680tq with e85, ended on a 715whp tune. The graph looks so much smoother than before. I think it has more in it, but we spend more time working out bugs on my car than dynoing it ( nothing major just small stuff ). I think the last issue is the bypass on the throttle which is making my idle crazy and giving me some vacuum issues, and I need to re-calibrate the a/c actuator on the blower door because it makes a dreadful ticking sound when you turn the a/c on. I have to have a starscan tool for that but dont know anyone that has it.

Comment

• Damn nice Cruz! Your CHOO$$ CHOO$$ is showin.

Comment

• Originally posted by abecx View Post
                          Hit ~730whp/~680tq with e85, ended on a 715whp tune. The graph looks so much smoother than before. I think it has more in it, but we spend more time working out bugs on my car than dynoing it ( nothing major just small stuff ). I think the last issue is the bypass on the throttle which is making my idle crazy and giving me some vacuum issues, and I need to re-calibrate the a/c actuator on the blower door because it makes a dreadful ticking sound when you turn the a/c on. I have to have a starscan tool for that but dont know anyone that has it.

I bet the actuator itself is stripped out. I replace them all the time on everything dodge.

Comment

• Heck yea Cruz! Dibs on a joyride!
                            "PSH!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
                              I bet the actuator itself is stripped out. I replace them all the time on everything dodge.
                              I did that test where you put your thumb over the vacuum and it worked, I think the cam i have just doesnt put out enough vacuum to keep it open at idle for the amount of boost. From what I've been reading, the one whipple sends is good for 6-12 boost on a stock cam. I did notice too, that when I manually open it at idle the car idles perfectly.
                              Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                              Heck yea Cruz! Dibs on a joyride!
                              this thing makes my cts-v feel so slow lol, what part of town are you in again?

Comment

• Originally posted by abecx View Post
                                I did that test where you put your thumb over the vacuum and it worked, I think the cam i have just doesnt put out enough vacuum to keep it open at idle for the amount of boost. From what I've been reading, the one whipple sends is good for 6-12 boost on a stock cam. I did notice too, that when I manually open it at idle the car idles perfectly.

this thing makes my cts-v feel so slow lol, what part of town are you in again?
                                The colony
                                "PSH!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X