Second opinion on knocking/tapping...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second opinion on knocking/tapping...

I don't know why this has seem to stump me like it has but i need a second opinion if possible..The car is a 2000 GT 2v 5 speed with 185k miles on it all stock motor. About 3 weeks ago the car started making a tapping noise under acceleration after driving it for a second. I have had a few other people try and help me pin point the noise but no success. My question is could something in the clutch be causing the tapping or not.. Any input or advice is appreciated..

No knocking at first startup or idling.

I have to drive the car to get it to start knocking usually around ~1900 RPM to redline

Clutch has been squeaking lately

Only does it under acceleration

I can ease off the gas and noise goes away

Has been grinding a little more trying to get it into reverse. It seems to like to pop out of reverse

Noise appears to come from someone underneath on the drivers side area

Car idling in neutral and revving up is very hard to hear if at all. Seems you have to drive it to hear any knocking/tapping

Motor has good oil pressure and doesn't burn any oil

I'm completely stumped at the moment and think a second opinion may spark something in my head..

Thanks
    Daniel

Do an oil change and see if there are metal shavings in the oil, it sounds like mine when I threw a bearing. If that is the problem, I have a motor for sale I can sell you cheap, and for a little more I have a Vortech V1 also cheap. LMK

Comment

Stop by lasersvts shop, I think it is L&M or something like that.

Comment

Ok thanks for the reply. Is his shop in Dallas or where?

Comment

Waco, Daniel. Send him a PM he seems like an honest guy.
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X