Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reputable Ford mechanic in the Frisco area

Good morning

I'm fully engaged with my career as of late and I do not have time to diagnose and repair what is going on with my front end, on my 04 GT. I just changed the ball joints, last weekend and that seem to help but the front end is still lose and I can feel it shimmy a bit and since my wife drives the car too, I would much rather have a reputable mechanic who is familiar with fords fix the issue. I'm also going to start modding the vehicle and am also looking for a mechanic that is knowledgeable with modulars. My location is in Frisco so any of you gentlemen that do quality work on the side please send me a PM or give me a call (214)457-0875. I also know that I can go to the stealership but I would much rather put money into a good mechanic's pocket and save a little then feed the beast that is Ford.

Thanks in advance,
    -A

PS- I'm very meticulous too so no one that cuts corners, please.

I would send you to someone I trust, but you're to much of a hot head, you'd probably try to fight him over some BS.

No disrespect BTW.
    Ded

Comment

You changed the ball joints? What about the hub bearings, tie rods and control arm bushings? Front end work isn't rocket science, anyone with a good alignment rack will be as good as a dealership.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
        You changed the ball joints? What about the hub bearings, tie rods and control arm bushings? Front end work isn't rocket science, anyone with a good alignment rack will be as good as a dealership.
        The car only has 50k on it so I didn't want to start buying parts that I do not need. But that's a start. I had a mechanic that lived in Sachse do a lot of work on my old mustangs but that was over ten years ago. I was looking for a mechanic that did side jobs so that I didn't have to pay shop overhead, just like the mechanic I had in Sachse.

-A
        Last edited by Cannon; 05-19-2015, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cannon View Post

PS- I'm very meticulous too.
          When I hear this, it means run like hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
            When I hear this, it means run like hell.
            hahahahahah...

Let me elaborate, If a mod or a repair is done the car needs to perform either better than factory or at least at factory level. No bumps, shimmies, clunks or clinks.

Comment

If it's a shimmy over bumps it sounds like an alignment issue, but working on Mustang suspension is something I'm fairly versed in.
              Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by Cannon View Post
                Good morning

I'm fully engaged with my career as of late and I do not have time to diagnose and repair what is going on with my front end, on my 04 GT. I just changed the ball joints, last weekend and that seem to help but the front end is still lose and I can feel it shimmy a bit and since my wife drives the car too, I would much rather have a reputable mechanic who is familiar with fords fix the issue. I'm also going to start modding the vehicle and am also looking for a mechanic that is knowledgeable with modulars. My location is in Frisco so any of you gentlemen that do quality work on the side please send me a PM or give me a call (214)457-0875. I also know that I can go to the stealership but I would much rather put money into a good mechanic's pocket and save a little then feed the beast that is Ford.

Thanks in advance,
                -A

PS- I'm very meticulous too so no one that cuts corners, please.
                Oh he told me he sleeps with a bunch of bitches wonder if his wife knows?
                Last edited by Whiteboy; 07-12-2015, 06:42 PM.

Comment

I would hate it if my front end was "lose"

Mustang front ends are pretty simple. A shimmy in front end can be a few things, The first thing I would do, is make sure the tires are balanced and have a good "road force" number. Bearings of course would be looked at. Then I would see if any steering parts are worn, then look at the control arms (includes ball joints and bushings).
                  Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

I see his phone number listed... Is he in need of a mover?

Comment

Lol, I go to bed with bad bitches, make a lot of money and drive many nice cars so keep dreaming tubby quote lol

Comment

Originally posted by Whiteboy View Post
                        Lol, I go to bed with bad bitches, make a lot of money and drive many nice cars so keep dreaming tubby quote lol
                        Alright then. So how many 351 conversions have you seen in former 302 cars? How well did it work out? What kind of power did they make? Talk about it some please.
                        WH

Comment

Working...
                        X