Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Mach to Dallas

Hello everyone.

I just recently moved to the Dallas area. I have a 2003 Mach 1, and just had it modified. I picked it up from where I moved from a couple weeks ago. Mods included, 6 speed tranny, Kook full length headers, rebuilt engine with Comp Cam. No head work. It also runs on 91 octane or E85. My issue is an idle problem. Once I let in the clutch in, it shoots to 1800 rpm for about 15-20 seconds, and then drops to 1000 rpm. If the air is on, it will drop and die. I can't seem to find a speed performance shop in Dallas. One I found said they really don't deal with Mustangs, the other I found does, and they seem to know what they're doing, but it's far from me, and they're closed on Saturday. I need some HELP, and need someone who KNOWS what they're doing, and I can trust they're work and word. I don't have any more money for trial and error any longer. Any directions would be appreciate. Someone who KNOWS about these cars, and performance. I can't afford to be another experiment.

Welcome to the forum, go post tits in the NSFW section as payment, then call HPP for the tune issues.
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
      Welcome to the forum, go post tits in the NSFW section as payment, then call HPP for the tune issues.
      All of this.

Comment

Thanks bird_dog0347 I did go to HPP. I'd have to leave it there, and I don't have transportation back to my place. It's a little ways from me. I'm sure they know what they're doing, and wish I could have them do it. They said it would only take a couple of hours. They're closed on Saturdays. I would just sit there and wait on it.

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
          What is "post tits in the NSFW section as payment"? Is HPP the only performance place in Dallas?

Comment

Hit up Andy at Primetime Tuning. He uses the dyno at Speedtek in Haltom City and can have your car done that day. I had him tune my blown 95 GT and am happy with it.
            Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyJMach1 View Post
              What is "post tits in the NSFW section as payment"? Is HPP the only performance place in Dallas?
              Everything you need to know is HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                Everything you need to know is HERE
                x2, very good
                Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Think of it as initiation to the club...

HPP is renowned for tuning and fixing broken tunes that others did. They have a long wait list, they take their time, and they have a long list of happy customers. You get what you pay for, especially in this case.

Other options would be truestreet or gearheads, but YMMV as there are wildly differing opinions on those shops. I don't have experience with either.
                  Originally posted by stevo
                  Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Talk to my older brother scott at lonestar performance. He will get you taken care of. If you need their number, let me know.

Comment

Hello everyone.

I just recently moved to the Dallas area. I have a 2003 Mach 1, and just had it modified. I picked it up from where I moved from a couple weeks ago. Mods included, 6 speed tranny, Kook full length headers, rebuilt engine with Comp Cam. No head work. It also runs on 91 octane or E85. My issue is an idle problem. Once I let in the clutch in, it shoots to 1800 rpm for about 15-20 seconds, and then drops to 1000 rpm. If the air is on, it will drop and die. I can't seem to find a speed performance shop in Dallas. One I found said they really don't deal with Mustangs, the other I found does, and they seem to know what they're doing, but it's far from me, and they're closed on Saturday. I need some HELP, and need someone who KNOWS what they're doing, and I can trust they're work and word. I don't have any more money for trial and error any longer. Any directions would be appreciate. Someone who KNOWS about these cars, and performance. I can't afford to be another experiment.
                      clean or replace the idle air valve

Comment

Thanks Guys

Comment

post a pic of your wife's boobs.
                          WH

Comment

Working...
                          X