main wire harness removal ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• main wire harness removal ?

I've a few quick questions for those of you who have removed the main harness from your FOX at one point of its life. Needless to say, I'm in the process of removing mine to smooth the engine bay. Here goes. The section of the harness that rides across on the pinch weld separates from a driver side section right around the wiper motor area, leaving a section that goes back into the cab thru a grommet beside the booster. What all will come out with this section? And, will it come out into the engine compartment or into the cab? What under the dash to I have to remove/unhook/disconnect?

TIA
    --carlos

sigpic

What year car? And are you wanting to remove/cut wires from it? I have done extensive wire removal from my harness and re designing it completely.. The one you are referring to carries engine info to dash /cluster and such..
    Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
    90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

'91. I'm just looking to remove, or get it out of the way completely so I can do what I want to do in the engine bay.
      --carlos

sigpic

Comment

Most people move it to below the pinch weld. Or you can spend a ton of time reworking it to go behind the fire wall..
        Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
        90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

I am going to move the main bulk of it under the pinch weld, but that is not the question. I want to know how to remove the driver side section that runs back thru the firewall thru a grommet next to the booster. I'm assuming this part of the harness runs to the fuse panel.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
          --carlos

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by projectPONY View Post
            I am going to move the main bulk of it under the pinch weld, but that is not the question. I want to know how to remove the driver side section that runs back thru the firewall thru a grommet next to the booster. I'm assuming this part of the harness runs to the fuse panel.

Just stick that part through the hole in inner fender right next to it.
            07 GT500
            05 SRT10
            88 turbocoupe T-bird
            93 Cobra
            86 coupe
            Ducati 848

Comment

Ok, I'm back at this again after having no time to mess with it.

I have disconnected the ecm and come to the realization that the ecm connector WILL NOT come out of the firewall hole with the dash/heater box still on the car. Am I really going to have to remove the dash? I was trying to avoid it.

--carlos

sigpic

Comment

It will push through with the dash in place. You can push the 60 pin from the inside or pull the rest from the inside.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

With the heater box in place also?

--carlos

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by projectPONY View Post
                    With the heater box in place also?

Yes. It isn't fun, but can be done.