Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shop to inspect/resurface head...

2005 Honda Civic 1.7(D17A2)

Replacing head gasket and looking for local place that could inspect and resurface the head if it needs to. Z06killinsbf told me a place up in Sherman called Acme Auto Parts, but seeing if anyone here knows of a place in Mckinney or closer than Sherman?

Thanks

EDIT: Searched and found Wayne Calvert in Denton from couple threads here. About same distance. Oh well, I'll call up both places
    Last edited by Rafa; 10-19-2015, 02:42 PM.

Take it to City Motor Supply on Harry Hines. They can handle it I bet. Stay away from just about ANY place in Plano these days.
    Last edited by dcs13; 10-19-2015, 03:05 PM. Reason: added

Comment

I'll check them out. Looks like all of them will be a little drive, no biggie

Comment

I'd give trinity casting service a call.

Comment

Calvert still gets my business on a fairly regular basis. Wayne is getting pretty old these days, but his son Randy is usually always there, and he'll hook you up too. They are still pretty reasonably priced too.
          70' Chevelle RagTop
          (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Called Calvert and spoke to Randy. Talked to him for a little bit. sounds like a good guy and told me pretty what all I need to take off or leave on.

hope to have head off here in few hours

Comment

Working...
            X