Emmision Test Fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emmision Test Fail

OK, I just placed an Kooks X pipe 2 1/2 with cats, to go with the full length headers on my Mach, and I still didn't pass inspection. it shows Catalyst Not ready, EVAP System not ready, and EGR not ready. Any suggestions? I'm new to Texas so I'm not familiar with this stuff.

Just drive it for a while and once those systems test ready get it retested.

Comment

yea, you need probably 100 miles on it before testing

Comment

That's the thing, I had the cats put on out of state on Friday, and drove it around all day before heading back to Dallas on Saturday, it was over a 4 hour drive back to Dallas.

Comment

perhaps someone tuned them out with a custom tune?
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Steady state rpm and a speed of 65 mph. During steady state operation, highway speed, the computer will enter self test mode, and will either set a check engine light, or check good, and become ready status.

Comment

I did have some mild work done on it, and a custom tune. just rebuilt the engine and added custom cams and long tube headers, and E85.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                perhaps someone tuned them out with a custom tune?
                Originally posted by BobbyJMach1 View Post
                I did have some mild work done on it, and a custom tune. just rebuilt the engine and added custom cams and long tube headers, and E85.
                Turning the monitors off is a common thing in a custom tune, like Baron said. Ask your tuner if they have been turned off.
                Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                dont downshift!!
                Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

yes the monitors are turned off from my custom tune, and EGR not hooked up. So do I need another custom tune? Wishing I'd just sold the car and bought a new mustang

Comment

yes the monitors are turned off from my custom tune, and EGR not hooked up. So do I need another custom tune? Wishing I'd just sold the car and bought a new mustang
                    If the tuner is local or can email you an update, it's really easy just to go into the parameters and turn them back on and reload the new version. I'd leave EGR off.
                    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                    dont downshift!!
                    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Wishing I'd just sold the car and bought a new mustang
                      Been here for a little over 10 years and the mustang has only been legal once because Of this. Oh well just a couple more years and it will be legal again do to age.

Comment

A OBD2 drive cycle is needed. basically it needs a drive with a bit of all states of driving. Cruise, decel, etc. The puter wants to see if the egr crap, the evap crap, and all the other crap is working when it is suppose to.
                        Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

Working...
                        X