Head stud thread ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head stud thread ?

Wondering if you guys could help me out. I need to replace a head stud and nut on my Performer headed 306. I know I need a 7/16" stud, but Summit lists several thread pitch and count variations and unfortunately I don't have a pitch gauge. Does anyone know what I need?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    --carlos

sigpic

7/16 x 14 size into the block.

My a.r.p studs are 20 on the head side
    Last edited by Kart21; 01-02-2016, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Cool thanks.

--carlos

sigpic

Comment

Oh damn! Now let's talk length. The ones i have are 5" in length and the shortest summit carries is 5.5". Should it matter?

--carlos

sigpic

Comment

The ones I have are 5 inches with 1 inch length of the threaded section.

Comment

Yeah that's exactly what mine are. 5" overall and each threaded section is 1"

--carlos

sigpic

Comment

Where is the difference in the summit ones. Are they just longer or are they longer and threaded longer to make up the extra 1/2 inch? If the difference is just the longer length and the treaded section longer ( 1/2 inch) just thread them into the block a little more.

If the overall length is NOT threaded to make up the difference might have a issue.

The nuts might not tighten up on the head if the threads are long enough.

Comment

Working...
              X