347 ford racing block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 347 ford racing block

I just got a 90 gt that has a built motor. Car has only been started and driven maybe 100 miles in 4 yrs.
    Its has a frpp c-347 short block, afr 205 heads, solid roller comp cam(dont know specs), 1.6 roller rockers, long tube headers, 42 lb injectors, victor jr intake, 80mm acufab throtle body, t56 tranny, 4.10 gear and 150 shot of nos. Has msd ignition

How much hp would this motor make ? Will have it dynoed later. I just changed valve cover gaskets and did a fresh tune up.

2003 f250
    1990 mustang gt stock 68k miles
    1990 mustang gt 347 t56
    1994 peterbilt 377 dump truck 450hp cat
    1997 freightliner 500hp detriot[/FONT]

Originally posted by marcs95gt View Post
    I just got a 90 gt that has a built motor. Car has only been started and driven maybe 100 miles in 4 yrs.
    Its has a frpp c-347 short block, afr 205 heads, solid roller comp cam(dont know specs), 1.6 roller rockers, long tube headers, 42 lb injectors, victor jr intake, 80mm acufab throtle body, t56 tranny, 4.10 gear and 150 shot of nos. Has msd ignition

How much hp would this motor make ? Will have it dynoed later. I just changed valve cover gaskets and did a fresh tune up.
    Get it on a dyno with a competent tuner.
    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
    dont downshift!!
    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

460whp
      Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

This car belonged to matt that worked at gear heads at one time. I think he built it the way it sits now andthen sold it

2003 f250
        1990 mustang gt 347 t56

Comment

340 RWHP ...Color of the car? I think I was close to buying it.
          Originally posted by Da Prez
          Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
          Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
            What he said^^
            70' Chevelle RagTop
            (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
              Speaking of...who locally is a good tuner for a similar set up on a fox?
              Originally posted by Da Prez
              Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
              Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Lonestar performance in addison

Comment

Andy @ Prime Tuning for EEC IV fox stuff
                  Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                  I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                  Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                  Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                  dont downshift!!
                  Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Pending cam specs and compression ratio I would say 430-440 rwhp. My old 347 with 10:1, afr 185, comp 274 cam, same Intake and exhaust same trans made 410/408 to the ground.

Comment

I shot matt a email. See if he responds. Car is white in color. What i was told its 10.5 to 1 compression ratio. One of the previous owners said 422 rwhp. Will definitely be taking this to a tuner to check its running top notch. Need to rebuild front and rear suspension first.

2003 f250
                      1990 mustang gt 347 t56

Comment

Originally posted by marcs95gt View Post
                        This car belonged to matt that worked at gear heads at one time. I think he built it the way it sits now andthen sold it
                        not good Just took apart a gearheads built 03 cobra conversion car so much hack work suppose to have parts it didn't built motor with cast crank lol suppose to be o3 cobra tank didn't. just overall shitty as work

Comment

Originally posted by Whiteboy View Post
                          not good Just took apart a gearheads built 03 cobra conversion car so much hack work suppose to have parts it didn't built motor with cast crank lol suppose to be o3 cobra tank didn't. just overall shitty as work
                          Thats sucks on that 03 , on this car i can see most of the mods and yesterday i took the starter off and found the engine plaque with the ford racing part number. Engine runs really good. I see they cound have done better on some of the t56 tranny cross member. Will be buying the stifflers crossmember from lmr and make it better.

2003 f250
                          1990 mustang gt 347 t56

Comment

Double check the valve lash before you dyno it.
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
                              Ya, I had my suspensions validated to me about Gearheads by someone else as well. Glad I'm not the only one.
                              Your definitely not the only one,customer just brought his turbo fox they did head gaskets on and still has tons of issues. They forgot to ground the injector harness (wire was dangling on top of the trans)and leaking oil like a mofo from the back of the intake and ya in general just shitty work over all. Ive got a 95 turbo cobra they did some work also and the tune is garbage and wont idle worth a damn,they also ran a hose from the PCV and just shuved it into the fender...lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X