2005 Explorer Head gasket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 Explorer Head gasket

Easter weekend I'm going to pick up my sister's 05 4.0 SOHC Explorer, the only thing she has told me is that it overheated and has water in the oil. It's been sitting for at least 6 months. With a little google'n I've found to check the thermostat housing while I'm in it.

I'm in no rush to finish it and doing it only to help her out. How much will I hate life while doing this?

They're notorious for blowing head gaskets, have the heads checked for warping.
    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
    dont downshift!!
    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Well, I got the full story. It overheated a couple of times, she let it cool off before driving it, then she drove it till it died...twice. It's been sitting at my moms for a year with a milk shake in the oil pan.

Now I'd rather find a good long block and stick it in. Does anyone know what years and models interchange from these?

Comment

Hit up DJ for the engine. I had the same thing happen and it was easier to just throw in a low mileage Salvage engine. He also sells remans.

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
          Well, I got the full story. It overheated a couple of times, she let it cool off before driving it, then she drove it till it died...twice. It's been sitting at my moms for a year with a milk shake in the oil pan.

Now I'd rather find a good long block and stick it in. Does anyone know what years and models interchange from these?
          Sounds about right. They'll pop a head gasket and burn up. Tough as nails, though... I've seen them shut down from the overheating and, after cooling off and getting water added to the radiator, finish the journey home without officially stranding the owner.
          Originally posted by PGreenCobra
          I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
          Originally posted by Trip McNeely
          Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
          dont downshift!!
          Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Working...
          X