Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tips on a complete interior color change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips on a complete interior color change?

Anyone ever done a complete interior color change on SN95 or New Edge?

Find a donor car, buy interior paint and new seat material from 50Resto or say fuck it and learn to live with god awful Parchment?

with the newest sn95 being 12yrs old id prolly look into getting new seats and a donor car for the plastics vs. seat covers and paint.

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I did my 86 vert. Replaced what I could, painted what I couldn't. I had leather covers put on. Still looked good many years later.

Ive got a lead on a guy in arlington who said he would install tmi covers for 50 a side. I'll let you know if he's worth a fuck in a few days.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I'm going from tan to grey in my Festiva. Once you completely gut the interior of a car you realize all the little things that have to happen. Seat belt trim pieces, steering column trim, kick panels and door sill mouldings, dome light, etc. it'll be fun!
        Originally posted by PGreenCobra
        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
        Originally posted by Trip McNeely
        Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
        dont downshift!!
        Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

I'm going to be changing the interior color on some pieces in the 300C, I expect it to get quite costly. I plan on replacing pieces rather than painting them, however I might wrap and stitch them depending on if I can find a quality place to do the work as it'll be about the same cost.

I changed the color in the fox body I had as some of the interior pieces were blue, it was expensive as fuck to do it. A donor car might be hard to come by, you might be better off paying someone to re-dye your parts unless you're wanting to do it on the cheap. Like what DON SVO said, many things pop up unexpectedly and quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
            I'm going from tan to grey in my Festiva. Once you completely gut the interior of a car you realize all the little things that have to happen. Seat belt trim pieces, steering column trim, kick panels and door sill mouldings, dome light, etc. it'll be fun!
            The teal one?

Comment

Also if you don't at to paint the trim you cannot buy vinyl wrapping the looks better than factory IMO.

Comment

Chrome yellow '98 only came with black interior. If you want black, look for one of those. The paint will wear off.

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
                  Chrome yellow '98 only came with black interior. If you want black, look for one of those. The paint will wear off.
                  it's painted from the factory...
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
                    The teal one?
                    No, the dark blue one. Teal car is gutted and caged.
                    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                    dont downshift!!
                    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
                      Anyone ever done a complete interior color change on SN95 or New Edge?

Find a donor car, buy interior paint and new seat material from 50Resto or say fuck it and learn to live with god awful Parchment?
                      make sure you have white boy on your call list.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                        No, the dark blue one. Teal car is gutted and caged.
                        Lol I know, would be funny to have full interior in it. Ever find that mount?

Comment

Honestly, after a little digging, a donor car doesn't seem too far fetched. I've seen some on craigslist for as little as $400. I would buy the carpet and seat material new. I'm more interested in the door panels, rear panels and package tray, seat belts, console, dash, and headliner. Seems like some of the V6 car stuff may even work.

Comment

v6 should be the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                              v6 should be the same.
                              Any reason you're not doing the TMI covers yourself?

Comment

Working...
                              X