Looking for a good turbo cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a good turbo cam

Getting rid of my B-cam that currently in the motor to make way for a better cam more suited for the build. Stock block 306, eagle h-beam rods, diamond forged/dished Pistons, 2.02/1.60 valve aluminum heads, .650 lift springs, 1.7 scorpion rockers, 70mm throttle body but will most likely get a bigger one soon, edelbrock performer upper w/ ported lower, 60lb injectors, 70mm on3performance turbo kit, arp head studs and basically arp everything else. If someone could steer my in the right direction, I'd appreciate it! Thanks in advance - James

Hydraulic roller cam obviously..

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
      Honestly, there are many different options for an "off the shelf cam" or to call someone up to give them your combo so they can custom grind you something that has been proven.

Believe it or not, the F cam has been used and praised for turbo use. I've also seen the Anderson B451 do real well for a friend of mine, but his combo is a little more radical.

If you want to talk with a cam guy, get ahold of Ed Curtis. Flow Tech Induction.
      Ya, I had my eye on an f-cam just wanted something possibly a bit bigger. Anderson makes great stuff and I've also seen some good comparable comp cams stuff similar to the f cam. Just seeing what other people think.

Comment

The F cam does work ok and is really cheap,i made 512rwhp @10psi thru a c4 with junky Pro Comp heads with one....

Comment

stock ho
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

The biggest questions I would have are about your transmission, converter, gearing and weight. And most importantly, your intended power output. With a stock block, you won't be able to make more than 550ish reliably. You will be able to make that with a stock cam and pump gas. Your B303 will work fine too.

If you want to get something that will make more in the future, I'd talk to a cam grinder. A custom grind isn't that much more expensive and you know it's made specifically for your combo. my .02
            When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

I like using the stock cam for turbo applications...it will make plenty of block splitting power

Comment

T-5 tranny, had my eye on either 3.31 gears or 3.27, the car is gutted so will probably weigh 2800-2900lbs. Looking for around 500hp to the wheels maybe a little less for safety. I might end up going with an f-cam honestly since it's cheap. Possibly a comp cam. I will eventually transfer the power plant to a stronger block to make more power in the semi-distant future.

Comment

You may also want to consider what turbo you will have. A tighter lobe seperation is better for spooling but worse for emissions if you care about that sort of thing.

The e cam, f cam and the TFS cams all get used pretty regularly, in fact you can vary their specs a little to make your own custom version.
                  Originally posted by racrguy
                  What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                  Originally posted by racrguy
                  Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

I'd probably rather it spool a little quicker. It's a journal bearing turbo but I'll get a ball bearing later.

Comment

Just use the stock cam. Power will be made and done by 5500, which your block will thank you for.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Working...
                      X