Mach 1 Issues (desperate)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mach 1 Issues (desperate)

Looking for help here. I still fairly new to the DFW area. I had my '03 Mach engine totally rebuilt before I moved here. Custom Cams, E85, new rings pistons etc. I've had problems ever since I had it done. Needless to say, I don't trust the mechanic that put it all together. For the time he had it, and the money I spent, well you get it. Latest problem, it runs through antifreeze, and engine oil. I see no leaks anywhere. I'm monitoring how much oil is being used, but I don't drive it every day, so it should not run through any of it. It also use to idle very high, so I had it dyno tuned with HPP here in Texas since I was not going back to the guy who rebuilt the engine, and they fixed that problem, but at times, it will just die on me. It always starts back up, but it's no fun sitting on a light or backing into a parking place and it just dies. I know I can take it back to them and they'll check it out, I've already spoke with them on that issue, just haven't had the time to get out there, so my problem is not with them. Anybody had similar issues with a rebuild? I'm ready to find a cliff and let it roll off to the bottom. Much money wasted, and I can't even enjoy the car.

Sound like you have a head gasket and/or ring issue. Is it still smoking at all?

Comment

What he said.

Comment

It's not smoking. I haven't noticed any.

Comment

How many miles on the motor build? Power adder? Have you checked or changed engine oil since rebuild? How much oil and coolant is being lost?
          Scott Ganow
          Lone Star Performance
          16300 Midway Rd
          Addison, TX 75001
          214-630-5006

Comment

Sounds like a total loss. Give you $400 cash.

Comment

Check the idle air control valve either its dirty or bad. will cause it to randomly die like that. As for the other issues Good luck

Comment

It has less than 3000 miles on the rebuilt engine. I've changed oil not long after the rebuild. When I took it to a speed shop, they let me know there was no oil in it, this was not long after I changed the oil, and I don't drive it often. I noticed a couple weeks ago that it was low on oil again. So I'm monitoring it now, oil consumption and mileage. No power adder. I'll check the idle air control valve. Sean88gt, can you go $405.00 cash? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyJMach1 View Post
                  It has less than 3000 miles on the rebuilt engine. I've changed oil not long after the rebuild. When I took it to a speed shop, they let me know there was no oil in it, this was not long after I changed the oil, and I don't drive it often. I noticed a couple weeks ago that it was low on oil again. So I'm monitoring it now, oil consumption and mileage. No power adder. I'll check the idle air control valve. Sean88gt, can you go $405.00 cash? LOL
                  Yes, and I'll pick up!

Comment

Working...
                  X