Upgraded radiator for 5.0?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgraded radiator for 5.0?

I just hit 64k miles on the 5.0 and with summer coming up I'm wanting to upgrade the radiator. I installed a few bolt-ons this winter, BOSS intake, Steeda CAI with toon. I've been looking at some radiators on Steeda's website (CSF) and Megan Racing on Fleabay, anyone have one installed or make a recommendation, tia...
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Ford performance offers a full aluminum unit that is a bit thicker for added cooling. I'm not sure how they compare price wise but imo if they will put their name on it, I would think its a pretty nice piece.

Comment

Afco makes some really nice heat exchangers I'm sure their radiators would be to

Comment

this is the one i have, works well in the summer with a 351w ac

Vortex rear stand $75
        8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
        My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
        but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
        11 4 door
        13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Hot air vents in the hood will do more than a big fancy radiator!
          Kind of like your home air conditioner.

If you moved the outside unit in the house (engine in the engine bay),
          where will all that hot air go? Idling in traffic and no air flow will run the temps
          up as we all know.

I had all the same problems rowing up and down 635 and 75 with an almost
          overheated car. I did all the radiator stuff and the fancy twin fan electro cooler etc.
          it helped but did not allow the a/c on.
          Once the hood with heat extractors was installed all overheating ended
          even with the air conditioner on arctic cold!

GL Gary......

Comment

Even with the KB on my '12, never had any issues with the stock radiator. It's a well built system. Are you seeing any issues now that give you cause for worry? It takes more than a few bolt ons to tax the stocker.

Comment

Working...
            X