a/c blend door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a/c blend door

Anyone know where I can get one of these for my 92 fox? Redoing the whole ac system and the foam around the door has seen better days, don't wanna install the whole unit back then have problems cause of that door..TIA

Originally posted by DOHCTR
    You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

also, how often do the accumulators go bad? should I just replace them while im at it or do they ever go bad?

Comment

check LRS?
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by bonnie&clyde View Post
        also, how often do the accumulators go bad? should I just replace them while im at it or do they ever go bad?
        Technically anytime the system is opened to expose it to atmosphere. If I'm doing an o-ring repair or something quick and minor I usually don't replace it. Anytime the system is opened for more than 10 minutes or so or any compressor or major component replacement, then it gets one. The desiccant (think silica beads like in a new leather coat, shoes, wallet, etc) absorbs moisture from the system. It's like a sponge except that it retains it and you can't get it out, no matter how long or how well you vacuum the system. You can pull the moisture from the lines and components by vacuuming the system, but the accumulator will never release what's absorbed. It only has the ability to absorb about a teaspoon of moisture if memory serves correct, I know that doesn't sound like a lot but that's like a bathtubs worth to an a\c system.

Also, I'd do a minimum of and hour and half on the vacuuming with a good pump. You can't over vacuum the system, but too little time will no bring the pressure lower enough to boil the moisture out, this can cause noise in the system, poor cooling, and will help to form acid that will break the oil down and destroy the it from the inside.

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
          Technically anytime the system is opened to expose it to atmosphere. If I'm doing an o-ring repair or something quick and minor I usually don't replace it. Anytime the system is opened for more than 10 minutes or so or any compressor or major component replacement, then it gets one. The desiccant (think silica beads like in a new leather coat, shoes, wallet, etc) absorbs moisture from the system. It's like a sponge except that it retains it and you can't get it out, no matter how long or how well you vacuum the system. You can pull the moisture from the lines and components by vacuuming the system, but the accumulator will never release what's absorbed. It only has the ability to absorb about a teaspoon of moisture if memory serves correct, I know that doesn't sound like a lot but that's like a bathtubs worth to an a\c system.

Also, I'd do a minimum of and hour and half on the vacuuming with a good pump. You can't over vacuum the system, but too little time will no bring the pressure lower enough to boil the moisture out, this can cause noise in the system, poor cooling, and will help to form acid that will break the oil down and destroy the it from the inside.
          You are talking about these right??

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Comment

No sir, I was referring to the accumulator in the a\c system, the canister that refrigerant runs through. I believe what you pictured is considered a vacuum motor, the actuator that controls the door movement.-

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
              No sir, I was referring to the accumulator in the a\c system, the canister that refrigerant runs through. I believe what you pictured is considered a vacuum motor, the actuator that controls the door movement.-
              sorry i must have read the name wrong, do those motors ever go bad? I have 2 and am trying to see if I need to replace them

Comment

I have gotten away without replacing accumulators twice while replacing compressors. Both cars have ice cold air with no issues. If I was in a shop I wouldn't do it that way but I have done it. I replaced a blend door on a 98 stang after a piece of plastic pierced the bellows. They are cheap parts if you can get a few new ones why not but its up to you they will probably stay working fine

Comment

I am replacing the heater core, evaporator, and blower motor as far as the inside goes, trying to find those door motors but can't find them, that's why I was asking if I needed to, as far as the rest of the ac system goes, I'm gonna get the r12 conversion kit from lmr, that should be all I need right?

Comment

I remember buying my vac motor at a dealer. That LMR kit looks like it has everything. Buy some DuPont Suva 134 and you should be chill!

Comment

Don't use any refrigerant with stopleak. As far as the actuators, if you have a mityvac, pull a vacuum and see if they retract and hold, if so leave em.

Comment

Working...
                      X