5.0 lower intake bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5.0 lower intake bolts

I have some very slight oil seepage from a lower intake bolt. When the car is running I can see very tiny bubble coming between the bolt head and manifold.

Im reading it's not uncommon and was thinking about just putting a little thread sealant on it or just a new bolt.

Thoughts?

Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
    I have some very slight oil seepage from a lower intake bolt. When the car is running I can see very tiny bubble coming between the bolt head and manifold.

Im reading it's not uncommon and was thinking about just putting a little thread sealant on it or just a new bolt.

Thoughts?
    Nope.
    Time to pull the intake and replace the gaskets.

Comment

Ok. Im reading too much probably. Seems to be fairly common and lots of folks recommending silicone/sealer on the threads to start with before ever having any issues.

Might not be a bad idea to just start fresh. It's not even the size of a ballpoint pin tip

Comment

Intake bolts aren't blind and will migrate oil. Just use a little sealer and should be fine.

Comment

Coming from the center bolts? Thread sealer should fix it.

Comment

Yes dead center and inly 1 bilt which lead me to believe sealer would be a good solution from what I was reading.

Broke again... What do you mean by "blind"? Trying to learn some shit.

Comment

The bolt holes go all the way through the intake. Like the lower head bolt holds on a 302 block. Same reason that you have to put sealer on them.

Comment

Working...
              X