A/C system ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/C system ?

Does the system need to vacuumed if you are replacing a compressor. Reason I'm asking I changed out a a/c condenser once and my vacuum pump took a dump, I didn't have time to go buy/rent/borrow so I just re-filled it with freon and oil and it worked fine, was blowing @ 45° on a hot summer day...
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

yes
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

OK, vacuum for 30 minutes or an hour?
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I do a minimum of 30 minutes and try to go an hour +.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

You probably should replace the accumulator and the orifice valve too.

Comment

Originally posted by garycrist View Post
            You probably should replace the accumulator and the orifice valve too.

for sure. If a compressor gets replaced, these should get replaced too, at minimum. if the compressor took a shit, flushing the evaporator core is recommended, as well as replacing any lines that have muffler filters.

the system will have alot of air in it when charged with out a good vacuum.

Comment

Originally posted by JETFAST View Post
              for sure. If a compressor gets replaced, these should get replaced too, at minimum. if the compressor took a shit, flushing the evaporator core is recommended, as well as replacing any lines that have muffler filters.

the system will have alot of air in it when charged with out a good vacuum.
              To add to that, the condenser would need to be replaced as well, they don't flush and any contamination in the system has to go through the condenser.

To answer the original question, yes, anytime the system is opened to the atmosphere it needs to be vacuumed. Any outside air is a contamination to the system and will affect it.

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
                To add to that, the condenser would need to be replaced as well, they don't flush and any contamination in the system has to go through the condenser.

To answer the original question, yes, anytime the system is opened to the atmosphere it needs to be vacuumed. Any outside air is a contamination to the system and will affect it.
                Nuh uh, dude at Vatozone said that all I haz to do is shoot the black can of stuff in the system and it be good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post

AND Accumulator/receiver drier. Forgot to mention that as well.

Comment

Working...
                  X