fitech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fitech

Im looking at getting the Fitech Go EFI 600hp kit for my 88 gt. Anyone have this kit, or used this kit? Im looking for real world opinions.

I have some friends who have been using it, they all love it. I think the 600 is the cheapest that will control timing, IIRC.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I've got it installed on a 289 in a 66 Mustang. Out of the box opinion, it's great. We also purchased the fuel command center which you wont have to since you've already got a return line system. Our first one had to be returned after about 150 miles due to an internal ECU wire grounding out and frying the system. They said it was the first one to have had that problem, I'm prone to believe them. It's extremely easy to wire and get going.

Anyway the system is pretty awesome for a self learner, it fires right up every time. Within 30 minutes of getting it going we were driving it, the more you drive the better it runs and learns the throttle position. The biggest problem we have is the throttle is a little sticky, forums say to remove the primary throttle spring and leave the secondary. Before doing this we're going to get a new linkage rod. I can say DO NOT remove the secondary spring to try and lighten pedal feel, RPM's will be everywhere with an inconsistent throttle.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
        I have some friends who have been using it, they all love it. I think the 600 is the cheapest that will control timing, IIRC.
        The $995 kit controls timing, and I think you're right that's the 600. There's another kit that doesn't control timing for $795. In order for the $995 kit to control timing you've got to be using an MSD box or a standard 2 wire distributor. I don't think it'll work on TFI, and I know it won't control HEI.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post

im getting it to have the spark control and nitrous control. i have called and talked to them and they said i need part # 30004

Comment

Originally posted by Musbrad2 View Post
            I've got it installed on a 289 in a 66 Mustang. Out of the box opinion, it's great. We also purchased the fuel command center which you wont have to since you've already got a return line system. Our first one had to be returned after about 150 miles due to an internal ECU wire grounding out and frying the system. They said it was the first one to have had that problem, I'm prone to believe them. It's extremely easy to wire and get going.

Anyway the system is pretty awesome for a self learner, it fires right up every time. Within 30 minutes of getting it going we were driving it, the more you drive the better it runs and learns the throttle position. The biggest problem we have is the throttle is a little sticky, forums say to remove the primary throttle spring and leave the secondary. Before doing this we're going to get a new linkage rod. I can say DO NOT remove the secondary spring to try and lighten pedal feel, RPM's will be everywhere with an inconsistent throttle.
            good to know, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jlyon View Post
              im getting it to have the spark control and nitrous control. i have called and talked to them and they said i need part # 30004
              You might not like to hear it, but I'm not a fan of the timing tables (or lack thereof) on the FiTech. It uses three points for timing curve, and fills in the blanks.

I'd look at something like a holley HP ecm and harness for fox intake/distributor if it was me.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

You can pick up a new Haltech E6K with a flying lead harness on ebay for $400. I was a dealer for them years ago and have them on several cars. For the money nothing can touch them and they work fine with TFI but can not do COP and sequential fuel at the same time unless you go to an EDIS to free up a few outputs.

When I shipped these out I packaged them a certain way. The last 2 that I have bought on ebay were shipped to me in the box that I shipped them to the original purchaser in 15 years ago. It kind of cracked me up.
                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Working...
                X