Engine swaps and such

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine swaps and such

I've been out of the "project car" stuff for a long time so wanted to run these questions here.

I recently purchased a 1995 Mustang with no title. The original plan was to take the donor parts and do a Factory Five Cobra but that's not looking too promising nowadays. My next idea is to buy another beat up mustang(with title), like a V6 model with blown engine, and swap everything over.

If I found a 2000ish Mustang with a V6, for example, and swap over the power train, computer harness, and everything V8 related, would there be any features that would still not work? Any issues with the PATS security system or getting it inspected since it'll be titled as a v6 but have a v8? I plan on staying with the SN95 body style to hopefully keep it simple.

Why not just get a bonded title for the 95? Seems like it would be way less of a pain in the ass than trying to swap the 5.0L into the V6.

Comment

or let me use the shell to build my rallycar on a not torn to fuck unibody. lol

Comment

or build it into a rallycar and come race with me. no title necessary.

Comment

Definitely let 4bangen get it or join him in the fun!

Comment

Keep the better one and drop in an LS 1

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
              or let me use the shell to build my rallycar on a not torn to fuck unibody. lol
              well, if I found a titled mustang to swap with, the donor was just going to be sold for scrap metal. I'm sure the body itself is ok but the car overall is in rough shape

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                Why not just get a bonded title for the 95? Seems like it would be way less of a pain in the ass than trying to swap the 5.0L into the V6.
                The actual plan is to find either a fox body or another 94-95 that's already wired for a 302. but I'm seeing way more 96 and up v6's that's decently priced and in much better condition.

Comment

Working...
                X