Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spindles spindles spindles. :(

situation as follows....

bought this kit recently, http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...Conversion-Kit

now, my question is, WILL i need the 94-95 spindles? i noticed this kit does not come with them, wheels i will be mounting up front are 15x7 weld prostars. reason im asking is i looked at CJ Ponyparts and their 5 lug kit comes with the spindles needed, but does not state if they are the same ones already on a 79-93. so where am i lost here? any info would be much appreciated. thanks
    sigpic 92 GT, 5 Lugged, 306, Vortech V1 S Trim, 42# injectors, Aeromotive Boost Reference Fuel Pressure Regulator, MSD Boost Timing Master, TKO 600, Moser 31 Spline Axles, 3.73's.

You realize there is garage subforum for these types of threads, right?
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

yes, but due to the amount of people that are ALWAYS in the back porch, i figured i could get my answer HERE quicker.
      sigpic 92 GT, 5 Lugged, 306, Vortech V1 S Trim, 42# injectors, Aeromotive Boost Reference Fuel Pressure Regulator, MSD Boost Timing Master, TKO 600, Moser 31 Spline Axles, 3.73's.

Comment

Call them.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Re use your stock spindles. Those rotors are modeled after the Mark VII rotors.
          92 LX 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
            Call them.
            already tried that. also posted on their forums about it, took them a good week to answer the first question, so idk about this time. but ok, re-use the stockers. good enough for me

Comment

"SSBC has done it again with this complete 5-lug conversion for your 87-93 Mustang. The kit includes all major components to make your swap fast and simple. Some parts will be reused from the front of your Mustang"

From the page at the link you posted... :-)

Comment

The rotors shown in the picture are fixed and will mount directly to a fox spindle. This is basically what I just removed from my car. You MAY have some clearance issues between the wheel and caliper. On my car, I had to run a 1/2" spacer to run my prostars.

Comment

For that kind of money you ought to just do the Cobra swap.

Comment

I gathered up my whole 5 lug swap setup for less than half the price.
                    $125- 96+ front spindles and rotors
                    $140- Hardened Yukon 5 lug rear axles of ebay
                    $25- 5 hole ranger rear drums
                    $50- New SN95 ball joints
                    $75- new SN95 front shocks
                    $3- Front brake line adaptor

With a little patience you can save a bundle on upgrades.... just sayin

Comment

Y'all do realize he's already bought it, right? No need to kick him NOW! LOL! BTW, I'll be posting my lincoln front rotors, calipers, etc. for sale in the classifieds if anyone's interested! LMAO!

Comment

i didnt want to do a junkyard swap or a ebay job. if i did, i would've done so.

Comment

Originally posted by fbodyjohnny View Post
                          i didnt want to do a junkyard swap or a ebay job. if i did, i would've done so.
                          I hear ya. The kit you bought will definitely be easier and will probably end up costing about what my full Cobra brake swap cost.

Comment

Originally posted by TENGRAM View Post
                            I hear ya. The kit you bought will definitely be easier and will probably end up costing about what my full Cobra brake swap cost.
                            thank you. for me, and my idea with this car, everything i want to do to it i want the best of the best. although it will never be perfect, i just want all out nice shit.

Comment

Working...
                            X