brake bleeding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brake bleeding

My dad and I have been bleeding the shit out of my moms 05 chrysler sebring, after the bleeder nut came loose on her and drained all the fluid out of the reservoir. Now the problem is we can get the brake pedal pretty stiff but as soon as we start the car the pedal goes straight to the floor like there is nothing there.
    please discuss

if it drained the master cylinder also, you might have to bleed that as well. Also, ive heard on certain newer cars, that the ABS system can mess with proper bleeding. Not sure what the procedure is though.
    2002 4.6L 5spd S281

So fast i make speedy gonzales look like regular gonzales

Comment

Probably need to bleed the master cylinder.

Comment

Gravity bleed

Comment

thanks I will try bleeding the master then try gravity

Comment

You have to add more fluid...
            Big Rooster Racing
            1985 Mustang GT

Comment

Check the booster.

Comment

Older Fords were notorious for the above problem. After a while the master would build up a ring of junk and wear on the bore causing a ridge. Once someone bleeds the brakes and goes past the ridge, it would ruin the lip on one of the seals on the master piston. Do not push the brakes to the floor when bleeding or installing pads on most systems...

Comment

try bleeding with the car running so all the abs shit is on.
                  pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

I think I have found the problem. I think its the check valve, when the car is running there is no vacuum or pressure coming out of the valve. When the car is off there is very little pressure that comes out of the valve when you push on the brake.

Comment

Working...
                    X