1987 GT Clutch Safety Switch Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1987 GT Clutch Safety Switch Problem

Ok, so this is my brothers '87 GT.... was running fine all day long. Got in it a few mins ago, and it wouldn't start. There are two plugs hanging down that I assume used to go to the clutch safety switch. There was also a jumper wire sitting in the floor board, so someone at some time bypassed the safety switch.

One of the plugs is cracked so I can't get it to plug into the safety switch, but I need to be able to drive so I'm trying to bypass it. Like I said there was a jumper on the floorboard, but I didn't want to just start jumping stuff and end up frying something.

Here is a pic of the plugs. The one on the left is black, the one on the right is clear / white.

Sorry for the shit pic, its dark outside!

Jump the connector with blue and black wires.

Comment

Originally posted by TENGRAM View Post
      k, ill give it a shot. whats the other plug for? any ideas?

Thanks btw.

Comment

One is for the signal to the ECM and the other is for the signal to the starter circuit.

Comment

Originally posted by TENGRAM View Post
          no workie.

Comment

wouldnt the one on the left be the CSS and it should be jumpered if not hooked up.....right

RESIDENT ELECTRICIAN AND WIRING GURU!!!!

Comment

if the one on the left is red w/ blue stripe then thats your CSS.......jumper between those two and you should be good.

Comment

crap, my bad, it's the other one! heh. Either way it won't hurt anything.

Comment

It actually goes from there back into the dash wire loom, seperates behind the radio heads to the trans tunnel connector, hits a factory jumper and heads back into the car, through the dash loom and out to the starter, solenoid. Enjoy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RuStYpNuS View Post
                    if the one on the left is red w/ blue stripe then thats your CSS.......jumper between those two and you should be good.
                    Bingo! Thank you both!

Comment

Working...
                    X