750 demon question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 750 demon question

Trying figure out if the hesitation is carb or timing related. Its a 347 with a c6 and if u punch it, it dies and or stumbles. Itll move if you lay into it then hammer it. Demon 750 dbl pump, mechanical secondary. If i get a chance this week ill pull a plug and look for color and also check timing (see you tuesday jim!).

hesitation i dont think would be timing related sound like carb to me!

Comment

Good call. Ill check plugs and see if its too rich

Comment

I hate demon carbs they are the worst to get right but once you do they work nice!

Comment

Im gunna gO by jims tomorrow so we canfinger bang it. Im thinking its overloading with too much gas.

Comment

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
            Im gunna gO by jims tomorrow so we canfinger bang it. Im thinking its overloading with too much gas.
            lolz i would think it would need a 650 but thats just my opinion!

Comment

is the accelerator pump squirting on tip in, pull air cleaner and crack throttle open and watch for the shots, one may be plugged or both.

Comment

Demons are horrible. pita to make work right. For some reason Chevy guys seem to like them. Back in the day Lonestar used them and Procharger head units for door stops.

Comment

Originally posted by mdavis View Post
                  is the accelerator pump squirting on tip in, pull air cleaner and crack throttle open and watch for the shots, one may be plugged or both.
                  I did as u asked and heres what i discovered. Its mechanical secondary so about half throttle its squirting in all barrels. They all squirt evenly and dont seem to be clogged. Im wondering if this is too big of a carb for a 347 with edelbrock performer intake, edel aluminum heads, ~600 lift comp cam (dont know exacts. What CJ said was in it), and electric fuel pump. Just sucks that if u pounce on it at a dead stop it dies... I guess im use to being able to pop my other efi and carbed (holley and demon 650) cars and it go witbout hesitation or dieing.

Comment

Also, the pcv valve is some billet end cap with vents. It isnt hooked to any hoses and ran to the carb like it should. This an issue??

Comment

It usually is ran to a manifold vacuum located in the manifold under the back of the carb or on the base plate of the carb. Make sure the valve cover has a pcv valve. you should be able to shake it and hear the check ball move freely.

Comment

I have a modified holley 650 that flows about 730. It was just a tad too big for my 289. Would probably work perfect for yours.
                        www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                          I have a modified holley 650 that flows about 730. It was just a tad too big for my 289. Would probably work perfect for yours.
                          I might be interested. Double pumper?

Comment

Working...
                          X